D
Posted By
DesigningGal
May 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I am new to PS, but I do have CS. I am restoring a B &W photo that, the first time I tried printing, came out hazy over the darker portions. I decided this was due to dust and successfully cleared up the dust using the dust/scratches noise filter. Now when zoomed in, I have colored pixels( green and pink, kind of florescent) outlining the subject. I reduced much of this with despeckle, but it won’t completely go away. I am wondering if this is going to affect my next print. Can anyone enlighten me as to why these came about and how I might get rid of them? Thanks a bunch!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
Don
May 8, 2004
You probably scanned the picture in color. Go to Image>Mode and you will probably find that it is in the RGB mode. Check "grayscale" instead and the colr speckles will change to B&W.

Don

"DesigningGal" wrote in message
Hello, I am new to PS, but I do have CS. I am restoring a B &W photo
that,
the first time I tried printing, came out hazy over the darker portions.
I
decided this was due to dust and successfully cleared up the dust using
the
dust/scratches noise filter. Now when zoomed in, I have colored pixels( green and pink, kind of florescent) outlining the subject. I reduced much of this with despeckle, but it won’t completely go away. I am wondering if this is going to affect my next print. Can anyone enlighten me as to why these came about and how I might get rid of them? Thanks a bunch!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections