Posted By
Raoul
Nov 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear Friends:

I really have tried hard all week to figure this out on my own but to no avail.

I have a logo. I want a box around the logo. I used the rectangle tool to create the shape I wanted. I messed with the opacity bar in Color Overlay in the Layer Styles menu. I got exactly what I wanted.

The layer in the Layer palette has two little boxes in it and it’s my understanding I created a vector mask.

Darn are these vector masks tricky! I can’t get more than one to show up at the same time. If I try to copy and paste a selection the border is gone when I paste.

I have tried rasterizing, flattening, merging down, merging something else and nothing seems to work.

I would love take my logos with their boxes around them and make them one happy layer but I can’t do that.

I’ve actually resorted to screenshots. I take a shot of my photoshop doc and insert it into my webpage as a gif. But this method (apart from being pathetic) is also not very exact.

Can anyone tell me how to merge a vector layer with an image layer? That alone might do the trick.

I’m using PS v.7.0.

Thanks!
Raoul

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

HL
Harry Limey
Nov 27, 2005
"Raoul" wrote in message

I have a logo. I want a box around the logo. I used the rectangle tool to create the shape I wanted. I messed with the opacity bar in Color Overlay in the Layer Styles menu. I got exactly what I wanted.
The layer in the Layer palette has two little boxes in it and it’s my understanding I created a vector mask.

Darn are these vector masks tricky! I can’t get more than one to show up at the same time. If I try to copy and paste a selection the border is gone when I paste.

I have tried rasterizing, flattening, merging down, merging something else and nothing seems to work.

I would love take my logos with their boxes around them and make them one happy layer but I can’t do that.

I’ve actually resorted to screenshots. I take a shot of my photoshop doc and insert it into my webpage as a gif. But this method (apart from being pathetic) is also not very exact.

Can anyone tell me how to merge a vector layer with an image layer? That alone might do the trick.

I’m using PS v.7.0.

Thanks!
Raoul

It’s difficult to understand exactly what you are attempting – maybe you could provide a link to your screenshot!!
What I do know is that you are using the wrong programme! you should be using a draw or illustration programme that uses vector graphics, Photoshop is essentially raster based with very limited vector capabilities!
R
Raoul
Nov 27, 2005
Thanks for the reply!

(A link to those screenshots follows.)

Maybe this makes more sense:

I have two layers that I want to combine. Merge, Merge down, flatten, rasterize, anything is fine.

One of my layers is a GIF, a "logo."

The second is a vector graphic, a thin lined "box" that goes around the "logo." I built it using the Rectangle Tool and by adjusting opacity to reveal the "logo."

I don’t know how to do this and I’ve tried a million ways. In every case the layer with the vector graphic "box" dissappears.

Here are some screen shots that show exactly what I’m talking about:

http://www.geocities.com/gaycat56/photoshop

Any help would sure be appreciated!
B
Brian
Nov 27, 2005
Raoul wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I have two layers that I want to combine. Merge, Merge down, flatten, rasterize, anything is fine.

The second is a vector graphic, a thin lined "box" that goes around the "logo." I built it using the Rectangle Tool and by adjusting opacity to reveal the "logo."

I don’t know how to do this and I’ve tried a million ways. In every case the layer with the vector graphic "box" dissappears.

Hi Raoul,

I must be missing something here. If I have a graphic on my page and draw a rectangle around it, in my case I drew a rectangle with no fill, then flatten the image, I end up with a single layer image of a graphic with a rectangle around it.

There must be more to this that I am not reading into?

Brian.
HL
Harry Limey
Nov 27, 2005
"Raoul" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply!

Definitely think you should use a more appropriate programme – I have sent you an email!!
Hope it is your correct address?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections