HG
Posted By
Heather_Guadarrama
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created an Adobe Photoshop 7.0 file using PAPYRUS font on 1 PC. I then saved the file & tried to open it on my PC (also has Photoshop 7.0), however I receive the message ‘SOME TEXT LAYERS CONTAIN FONTS THAT ARE MISSING. THESE LAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE THE MISSING FONTS REPLACED BEFORE THEY CAN BE USED FOR VECTOR BASED OUTPUT.’

Why does this happen if the programs are identical?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
Bob Boisvert
Feb 20, 2004
Have you checked to make sure that both systems have the same font in your fonts folder? Generally if you’re missing fonts, this would be the reason.

Just take a look in your fonts folder for the font, if it’s not there, you can copy the font from on PC to another as long as the operating systems are compatible.

Hope this helps,
Bob

wrote in message
I created an Adobe Photoshop 7.0 file using PAPYRUS font on 1 PC. I then
saved the file & tried to open it on my PC (also has Photoshop 7.0), however I receive the message ‘SOME TEXT LAYERS CONTAIN FONTS THAT ARE MISSING. THESE LAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE THE MISSING FONTS REPLACED BEFORE THEY CAN BE USED FOR VECTOR BASED OUTPUT.’
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Feb 20, 2004
Your PC also needs to have that font on it to open the file without that warning message. Either install that font, or convert the text to outlines on a computer with that font installed already.
HG
Heather_Guadarrama
Feb 20, 2004
How do you install the font?
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Feb 20, 2004
First, you find the font on the old computer that you need. Usually, it is in c:\windows\fonts . Copy that file to disk. Double click it and view the font sample to make sure you have the right one.

Now, bring it over to the computer without the font there, and follow the instructions here. <http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ttfinst/ttfinst.htm>
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 20, 2004
Heather

Just a word of warning: Jonathan’s advice is technically accurate, but is probably illegal. Fonts are generally copyright, like software, so you can’t just copy them about willy nilly.

Now this font came from somewhere and got installed on your PC. Question is, where did it come from?
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 21, 2004
right, as colin says… if it was a free font you got off the web you can copy it no problem. if it’s a font you or your company specifically paid for, you need to buy another copy. if it came with another piece of sw you need to install that sw (with the appropriate license of course) on the new machine to use the fonts it came with.
BB
Bob Boisvert
Feb 23, 2004
Have you checked to make sure that both systems have the same font in your fonts folder? Generally if you’re missing fonts, this would be the reason.

Just take a look in your fonts folder for the font, if it’s not there, you can copy the font from on PC to another as long as the operating systems are compatible.

Hope this helps,
Bob

wrote in message
I created an Adobe Photoshop 7.0 file using PAPYRUS font on 1 PC. I then
saved the file & tried to open it on my PC (also has Photoshop 7.0), however I receive the message ‘SOME TEXT LAYERS CONTAIN FONTS THAT ARE MISSING. THESE LAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE THE MISSING FONTS REPLACED BEFORE THEY CAN BE USED FOR VECTOR BASED OUTPUT.’
BB
Bob Boisvert
Feb 23, 2004
Sorry for the double post 🙂

Bob
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 23, 2004
Bob,

I’ve deleted the duplicate and edited out the autoquotes in your posts. Please turn that feature off in your newsreader.

It tends to clutter things up and it makes the natives restless.

Thanks,

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections