TH
Posted By
Tristan_Hudson
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having a problem getting ImageReady to properly import video files for making animated gifs that are in any format other than Quicktime. For example, if I try to grab frames from a .mpg or .avi, it repeatedly grabs only the first frame and nothing else, regardless of whether or not I tell it to import the entire clip or just a selection using the slider. I don’t have any problems importing Quicktime clips, however.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I’m thinking Quicktime could be to blame for this problem. It should be noted that this problem occurs on several machines, all of which have Quickime v. 6 installed.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

O
Ol__Whozit
Feb 18, 2004
Can’t provide any troubleshooting help, but FWIW, I imported a .AVI from Painter last night, and except for the white .gif fringe, I had no problem. I’m running QT 6.5.

How are you "grabbing" your video’s into Image Ready? That could be part of the problem. I always save them into an Animations folder, and then open them from within IR. Are you following the Help File instructions on how to open QT movies as animations? I think your problem is probably operator error more than hardware or software related…

Good Luck!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections