HE
Posted By
Harold_Emery
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS7. Whenever I right click on the desktop and select New, I get the usual Folder, shortcut choices. There is also the Adobe Photoshop Image choice also whenever I use and close PS7. I get rid of the New-Adobe Ps Image tab using Tweakui, but it always comes back whenever I use PS7. I see that back on Feb 4, 2003 this issue was addressed and a poster named Daryl Pritchard basically said to live with it. Not everyone needs or wants lots of crap in their New context menu. Is there a way to permanently disable the entry from coming back? Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mick_Murphy
Feb 12, 2004
The short answer is yes but it’s not simple. It’s not just a simple registry tweak. I’ve never tried it but the Windows XP Annoyances book gives a method for doing it which requires using a Hex Editor to modify the program. Could be dodgy. If you really want to do this, post an email address and I’ll email you a clip from the book which I have in electronic form. The example given is for Paintshop Pro.
HE
Harold_Emery
Feb 13, 2004
Thanks for the info. I think that method would be a bit risky compared to the slight annoyance of this problem. Hopefully the next version will address this problem. I have a thing about 3rd party programs that try to take over one’s machine without asking.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Feb 13, 2004
I thought you might say that. I wouldn’t do it myself. I don’t know if it will change but it is a real quirk as most apps are controllable with TweakUI. My shortcut menu only has PS and Compressed Zip so it’s not too much hassle really. I can’t imagine that it is intentional on Adobe’s part. Who would ever use it anyway?
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 14, 2004
As you say, who would ever use it? This apparently useless and annoying feature, which has been with us for many versions, simply clutters up the context menu. It must be the easiest thing in the world to remove. Why don’t they do it in the .01 patch?

John
G
gyokusai
Feb 20, 2005
Wrote:
I’ve never tried it but the Windows XP Annoyances book gives a method for doing it which requires using a Hex Editor to modify the program. Could be dodgy. If you really wa
nt to do this, post an email address and I’ll email you a clip from the book which I have in electronic form. The example given is for Paintshop Pro.

Hi —

While looking for a solution to prevent PS7 from endlessly reinscribing its crap into my "New" context menu, I came across your posting … Well, I’m sufficiently annoyed to give it a try, and I made ample use of hex editors before, back in the good old Atari days.

Would you do me a favor and email me the clip you mentioned? That’d be cool!

thanx,
Y^.^K

gyokusai

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups —-= East and West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—-

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections