CW
Posted By
Clint_Williams
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to place a photo I’ve converted to duotone (PMS Spot + Black) with only 25% Black and 100% of the spot. Exported/save-as from a TIFF to an EPS from Photoshop. (Went from CMYK to Greyscale to Duotone – curved black to 25%).

Everytime I separate from Pagemaker – the Black plate comes out 100%. I have played around with the settings – even curving Black at 0% – but keeping it a duotone – the Black plate comes out 100% in separations.

I have changed the screen angle as suggested in the FAQ and I have searched the forums over for any reference to this and cannot find a similar situation.

What am I missing here? (Why am I doing this? The photo comes out too muddy when 100% of both – want that antique-like feeling without being illegible or just the spot color).

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 9, 2004
Just a maybe but have you printed the seps out? or just looking at them on screen?
CW
Clint_Williams
Feb 9, 2004
Printed seps out…
SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 9, 2004
Did you see my post on the Pagemaker forum? Are you sure you are adjusting your curve correctly? Are you printing to a postscript printer or a PCL?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections