B
Posted By
Baker9252
Feb 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I liked having the Photo Tools Taskbar to one-click things I wanted to do. I also likes Intellihancer to immediately goto and use scratch remover and dust remover. How can you do this with CS. And will any of the Extensis plug- ins work with CS. Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Feb 8, 2004
I have PhotoTools and PhotoBars working in CS. I don’t know anything about Intellihancer. Cheers – John
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 8, 2004
Try here for info on Phototools:

http://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/index.htm

Bob
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 8, 2004
Baker,

Not knowing what version of Photoshop you used prior to Photoshop CS, the main thing you need to be aware of regarding the Extensis plug-ins is that you should be certain you have the latest updates of any that you own. PhotoTools 3.0.6 is the latest version of that plug-in and was actually provided updated without a version number change for PS7, just to confuse things a bit. But, if you see that the PhotoTools 3.0.6 installer has a copyright date through 2002 in the file properties, that should be the "current" 3.0.6. If you want PhotoBars to work, you’ll need to pull over all the old files from an earlier version that implement PhotoBars, because Extensis has deleted that functionality as of Photoshop 6. Once you’ve got the functionality restored, you can remap whatever buttons/toolbars you use. To avoid doing that, I’ll refer you to my PhotoBars CS Supplement, information being available at <http://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/photobars.htm>.

While PhotoTools 3.0.6 does work in Photoshop CS, there are times when the Extensis menu fails to appear. Oddly enough, I saw this occur today, for the first time in a long time. But, shutting down and reopening PSCS solved that little bug. I’ve not heard of anyone having problems among those who are users of my PhotoBars supplement, or else similar to me they’ve just accepted this occasional annoyance.

PhotoGraphics 1.0, PhotoFrame 2.5, Intellihance Pro 4.0, and MaskPro 3.0 all work fine in PS CS from what little I’ve explored them. Again, you’d need to ensure you’ve got the latest update for each of the latter 3. PhotoGraphics 1.0 still works as is.

Regards,

Daryl
GD
gerard_de_Wit
Feb 10, 2004
Phototools latest is 3.07. There are upgrades on Extensis site for MaskPro and Intellihance for compatibility with CS.
P
pope
Feb 10, 2004
Phototools 3.07 is for MAC only
SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 10, 2004
I have an ancient version of Intellihance that was used when PS 4 was new, and it works fine on CS. When installing, just browse to the PS CS plugins directory. The difference is the older versions spelled it "plugins" and CS spells it "Plug-Ins".
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 10, 2004
Another tip following off of Sandy’s is that some of the Extensis plug-ins work fine even if not updated to the latest version, but their installers have problems with the new name of the PS executable "photoshop.exe" that was introduced at PS6 if memory serves. The solution is a simple matter of duplicating "photoshop.exe" and naming the copy per the earlier convention of "photoshp.exe". I do encourage obtaining the latest 3.0.6 (for Windows) version of PhotoTools however, to help minimize the risk of problems where the Extensis menu fails to show up.

Given also that Gerard spoke up about PhotoTools 3.0.7, which is indeed a Mac-only version, I’ll also add that my PhotoBars supplements only work for the Windows versions of PhotoTools.

Regards,

Daryl
B
Baker9252
Feb 10, 2004
Thanks to all for the good advice. 🙂
GD
gerard_de_Wit
Feb 11, 2004

3.07 works perfectly on my two PCs.
P
pope
Feb 11, 2004
thanks, Gerard…must be a typo on Extensis website. I’ll give it a try.
P
pope
Feb 11, 2004
Gerard…are you sure about running 3.07 on a Windows platform? The Extensis website states that 3.07 is for a MAC.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 12, 2004
Pope,

The 3.0.6 vs. 3.0.7 confusion is more than just a web typo. Even the installer itself shows a version of 3.0.6 if you inspect the properties and look at the Product Version among the "other version information". However, upon installation of PhotoTools, the file versions of several plug-ins that were retained do in fact show file version 3.0.7. So, I’d say Extensis just got a little sloppy in their last update of PhotoTools.

Regards,

Daryl
GD
gerard_de_Wit
Feb 12, 2004
Last year some time I took part in a survey for Extensis and as a ‘reward’ they sent me Phototools v3.07 for "Parent Application Adobe PS7 (or later)", with serial number registration. No mention of PC or Mac. Also installed now in my PS-CS, no problems at all. [I have PS 6, 7 and CS on both my PCs]. I use the pgm quite frequently, indeed some apps are incorporated in several PS Actions I made.
A
amishcommy
Nov 8, 2004
howdy all.

Here is my main problem. I’m trying to get Extensis Photobars working for Photoshop CS. (i think its about time for me to graduate from photoshop 5.5) besides the Extensis tab not showing up my main problem is that some of the icons dont work properly and some don’t work at all. For instance, I try making a simple Save As button but every time i press it it takes the image into ImageReady. I try making a button for Adjust Variations but when i press it i get an Auto
Brightness/Contrast. Other buttons don’t do anything at all.

Is there a solution to this?

amishcommy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections