HS
Posted By
HyBriD_SoldieR
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can someone help me? ive been getting this error for a few days now. it only happens in imageready 7 an i cant save or open anything. i have a friend who has the same error aswell and we’d appreciate it if someone could help us. i’ve tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my computer and nothing has helped.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Feb 7, 2004
Try deleting your preference files.

For Functions, Filenames, and Locations of the Photoshop and ImageReady Preferences Files see:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm
HS
HyBriD_SoldieR
Feb 9, 2004
that didn’t help much, I tried deleting all those an I got a windows error every time I tried to start up my computer and I know I didn’t delete the wrong things. turns out something I deleted caused things in my BIOS to change and i couldnt get on my computer for over a day but i finally fixed it. and now image ready comes up with an error saying could not fully start the application because an unknown error has occurred.
L
LenHewitt
Feb 9, 2004
Hybrid,

turns out something I deleted caused things in my BIOS to change <<

Heaven’s knows WHAT you deleted but deleting Adobe preference files could in no way affect your BIOS settings! In fact, I can’t imagine anything you could do in Windows (other than installing a BIOS Flash update) that could affect your BIOS settings – they’re at far too low a level……

now image ready comes up with an error saying could not fully start the
application because an unknown error has occurred<<

That is typical of a corrupt preference file…..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections