N
Posted By
nadar
Oct 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry if this topic was discussed recently. I remember having discussed here long time ago.
In CS2, is it still impossible to free transform mutiple layers together ? Apparently, you can transform (move, scale, rotate) the whole extent of linked layers, but not a selection.
Alternatively: how can you create an image using more than 3 channels ? (I want to apply transformations to multispectral satellite images)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mike Russell
Oct 2, 2005
"nadar" wrote in message
Sorry if this topic was discussed recently. I remember having discussed here
long time ago.
In CS2, is it still impossible to free transform mutiple layers together ? Apparently, you can transform (move, scale, rotate) the whole extent of linked layers, but not a selection.
Alternatively: how can you create an image using more than 3 channels ? (I want to apply transformations to multispectral satellite images)

Transforming selections works just fine for multichannel images. Create one and try it. Be sure to select all the channels before doing so.

But, looking ahead, you’ll probably have problems displaying a multispectral image with more than 3 channels. Photoshop has an ink orientation for multi channel images. Each channel has an adjustable opacity, which simulates the opacity of an ink.

The result, other than the RGB channels, is more of an overlay function than the combining of independent spectra using pseudo color, as is normally required for a multi spectral satellite image. If the additional colors are disjoint from one another, as is the case for certain microscopy images, your best procedure is probably to add additional colored channels over your base RGB image.

Your best bet may be to look for third party support for multi spectral imaging. This is just one result I found with a quick Goggle. If you decide to go that way, I recommend you look for more and do a comparison: http://www.optical-insights.com/melange.html

I don’t know of any plugins that solve this problem, though there may be some. It would certainly be possible, though not inexpensive, to write one. —
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections