SB
Posted By
steven b epstein
Jun 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having an issue with my printer profile, but cannot get much help from Color Vision.

I am running PS7 under Win XP Pro. I use Color Vision Photo Cal to create a profile for my Samsung LCD monitor – the Spyder works with LCD and CRT. My monitor profile seems to be pretty accurate.

I am also using Color Vision Profiler Plus to create the printer profile for my Epson 875DC printer. I had created a somewhat accurate printer profile several months ago – the only problem was that it was too dark, but the colors were exceptional.

I have created new printer profiles with similar settings, some with brightness adjustment, others the same as the first settings.

When I attempt to soft proof with the profiler plus profiles, my image is much brighter than it should be. If I choose the Epson 875DC profile that shipped with the printer driver, soft proof looks ok.

When I go to print with preview and select the profiler plus profiles for output, again the image is WAY too bright.

I suspect that I have made a wrong setting somewhere, but after reinstalling PS and recreating all profiles, I still can’t find the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steven

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections