S0
Posted By
sparg_007
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I bring up a saved jpeg image from the web in Photoshop 7 or 5.0 LE the image looks noticebly brighter and has less contrast than when I view it on the web. When I bring that same image up into Adobe Photoshop Elements it looks exactly as it does on the web. Ideally I would like the image to look the same when viewed in Photoshop 7 or 5.0 LE when initially brought up so I do not have to make any corrections or compensations for the web. So I have 2 questions

1. What causes this difference ?

2. How can I correct it so the image that is viewed on the web comes up in Photoshop initially with the same brightness and contrast ?

thanx

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 4, 2004
Sparg,

Photoshop is a colour managed application. This means it must be "tuned". Go to Control Panel, start Adobe Gamma, and follow the instructions. Rob
L
LenHewitt
Feb 4, 2004
Sparg,

1. What causes this difference ?<

Within Photoshop you are viewing in a colour-managed environment. On the web, or in most other applications you are not.

2. How can I correct it so the image that is viewed on the web comes up in
Photoshop initially with the same brightness and contrast ?<<

Setting your RGB working colour Space to sRGB would minimize any difference. In 7 you could also use View > Proof Colours after setting your Proof Setup to Monitor RGB
S0
sparg_007
Feb 7, 2004
but can someone tell me why I do not have the same occurence in Photoshop Elements ? When the images are brought up in this program they appear the same way as they do on the web? which is what I was looking for ? Thanx
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 7, 2004
because elements isn’t color managed either.
L
LenHewitt
Feb 7, 2004
Read my post!:

Within Photoshop you are viewing in a colour-managed environment. On the web, or in most other applications you are not.

That includes Elements

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections