VC
Posted By
victoria.cash
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t seem to get our logo into white-on-transparent format such that it shows up in Pagemaker. I am also having trouble getting our logo into Pagemaker without having a white background. In photoshop, I am making it a tif, and checking the box that says save transparency, but it still shows up in Pagemaker with a white box around it. Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 3, 2004
Switch to InDesign. Pagemaker does not support Photshop transparency.

If you need to do this in Pagemaker, you’ll have to create a clipping path. Check the help and the manual for details.

Bob
SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 3, 2004
Yep. Clipping path. Or do the logo in Illustrator as a vector .ai or .eps and place that in Pagemaker.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 3, 2004
Or a bitmap TIF.
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Feb 3, 2004
PM supports clipping paths with EPS, TIF, and even jpg (not documented, but last time I checked, it worked). PM does not support PSD transparency. ID does.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections