AT
Posted By
Adam_Turner
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. Recently, whenever I try to run Photoshop, it starts up normally at first but then it gives me an error message that states: "photoshop could not initialize because there is not enough memory(RAM)". I have 256 megs of RAM and was using photoshop problem-free up until a few days ago. I have photoshop 7 and am running Windows XP if it helps at all. Can anyone give me some advice on this problem? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 3, 2004
Try resetting your preferences per the procedure in the faq.

Peace,
Tony
AT
Adam_Turner
Feb 3, 2004
Please forgive my ignorance, but how or where might I access such a thing?
L
LenHewitt
Feb 3, 2004
Adam,

There is a link to the FAQ sub-forum at the top of this forum’s Topic List
AT
Adam_Turner
Feb 3, 2004
I couldn’t find a topic that specifically pertained to my problem. Anyone else encountered this error before in this circumstance?
SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 3, 2004
Hold down shift+control+alt while launching Photoshop and the prefs will be reset.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
Hold down shift+control+alt while launching Photoshop and the prefs will be reset.

…. after you see a dialog asking you if it’s ok to reset your ps settings. if you don’t see and say yes to the dialog, the prefs are not reset.
SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 3, 2004
Thanks for clarifying that for the illiterate. 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
<Ralph Wiggums>"What? Me fail English? That’s unpossible!!!"</RW>
S
stan
Feb 3, 2004
:

Hello. Recently, whenever I try to run Photoshop, it starts up normally at first but then it gives me an error message that states: "photoshop could not initialize because there is not enough memory(RAM)". I have 256 megs of RAM and was using photoshop problem-free up until a few days ago. I have photoshop 7 and am running Windows XP if it helps at all. Can anyone give me some advice on this problem? Thanks.

Might be worth checking for a clash with your anti-virus program, if installed. Especially Kaspersky .. I had a lot of Photoshop glitches until I got rid of it
AT
Adam_Turner
Feb 3, 2004
Thanks guys, it worked!
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
<Monty Burns>Eeeeexcellent</MB> 🙂
T
tikob
Aug 1, 2004
thank u sooooooooooo much for the help….it works!!!! damn i spent hours doing all these things to my comp and all it took was to hold on alt ctrl and shift. thanks again for clarify the "resetting prefs".
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 1, 2004
you’re welcome ticob. 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections