Monitor Calibration & Fuji icc profiles??

L
Posted By
lynnherrick
Sep 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, really hoping someone can help me with this. I have the icc profile of printer of the lab I use for prints (Fuji Frontier) and use this to softproof in photoshop. What I really, really want, though is something that can make what I see on my monitor match this profile. I have tried profiling the monitor many ways, but think I must need some software/hardware to somehow replicate what the printer will actually print.
Is such a product available that I can somehow feed in the icc profile of the printer and thus get what I see on the monitor on the prints I get from the printer? Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks, Lynn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nomail
Sep 7, 2005
wrote:

Hi, really hoping someone can help me with this. I have the icc profile of printer of the lab I use for prints (Fuji Frontier) and use this to softproof in photoshop. What I really, really want, though is something that can make what I see on my monitor match this profile. I have tried profiling the monitor many ways, but think I must need some software/hardware to somehow replicate what the printer will actually print.
Is such a product available that I can somehow feed in the icc profile of the printer and thus get what I see on the monitor on the prints I get from the printer? Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks, Lynn

The only thing you need to do is go to ‘View – Proof Setup’ and select that Fuji profile. Next, after you’ve opened your image, you go to ‘View – Proof Colors’. Now you will see your image AS IF IT WAS PRINTED on that Fuji machine. This is what we call a ‘soft proof’ and this is the reason why you got that profile in the first place.

If you like what you see, that’s fine and that’s what you’ll get. If you don’t like it, edit the image until you like what you see, but keep ‘Proof Colors’ selected all the time.

Don’t fiddle with your monitor settings! Calibrate your monitor and don’t touch the dials afterwards. If you start messing around with your monitor, you’ll mess up that soft proof and you will never get a match.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
L
lynnherrick
Sep 18, 2005
Thanks! I have got the Sypder and calibrated my monitor and the softproofing has now produced a great match.

Lynn
www.herrick-photo.co.uk

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections