MB
Posted By
Mrs Beeble Brock
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to see which layer you are grabbing, aside from selecting "show bounding box" when in Move mode? I realise in an ideal world we’d have all our layers named, but it’s not always practical, especially if you’re creating new from selections frequently.

Also, in both PS 7 and CS, when you go Workspace-Tile, is there a way to make the windows tile horizonally instead of vertically?

Thanks in advance for any tips on these issues.

Jo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
wnor
Apr 21, 2004
Mrs Beeble Brock …
Is there a way to see which layer you are grabbing, aside from selecting "show bounding box" when in Move mode? I realise in an ideal world we’d have all our layers named, but it’s not always practical, especially if you’re creating new from selections frequently.

Also, in both PS 7 and CS, when you go Workspace-Tile, is there a way to make the windows tile horizonally instead of vertically?

Jo

Jo, if you select the Move tool "V" on the keyboard, then you can Ctrl click on a part of your image and the layer that it is on will become active.

And as far as I know, there is no way to change the vertical to horizontal tiling. A lot of people would like to have that. Maybe in an update.
MB
Mrs Beeble Brock
Apr 21, 2004
Hi Wesley, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Jo

Wesley Norman wrote:

Mrs Beeble Brock …

Jo

Jo, if you select the Move tool "V" on the keyboard, then you can Ctrl click on a part of your image and the layer that it is on will become active.

And as far as I know, there is no way to change the vertical to horizontal tiling. A lot of people would like to have that. Maybe in an update.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections