EW
Posted By
Evelyn_Wilkerson
Feb 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a logo that consists of text with a drop shadow. It was created in Photoshop, and saved as a transparent GIF. However, when I try to use this logo on anything other than a white background, the shadow appears white.

At first I thought it might be due to the fact that the shadow color was black, with 20% opacity, so I went back and created it with a grey shadow at 100% opacity. It still shows as white when I put it on a colored background. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I would fix this?

Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Feb 2, 2004
Vicky Cravey "White (halo) around gif image on the web" 1/22/02 6:10am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
L
larry
Feb 2, 2004
Drop shadows on transparent GIF’s are meant to be viewed on the color background that they were created on because there is a transparent blend in the shadow that lets the background show through. I’m not sure why the color is off when viewed on a different background without examining the source file. I’d suggest getting the source file, or recreating it, and redoing the shadow on the correct color background.

Larry Berman

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections