Any way to print all the layers in a PSD file?

NJ
Posted By
Neil_Johnson
Feb 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Did a search but nothing.

I have a layered PSD that has screen shots of a website. There are like 20 layers each with a screenshot. Is there any easy way to print each layer of the psd file automatically? Some of these with 30+ layers get really tedious.

Thanks much
Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 2, 2004
Layers are on top of one another and when you print a file, it prints "looking down from the top", including whatever is "visible".

If each layer contains a separate, printable image, it should not be a series of layers, but separate PSD files.

I believe that someone had an action which pulled apart a file, making a new one for each layer. Maybe they’ll chime in.
NJ
Neil_Johnson
Feb 2, 2004
Thanks,
Having a single psd file is much easier to manage than a series of them that was the reason for that. I just thought there was an easy batch way of printing layers out.

Thanks
Neil
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 2, 2004
Fair enough, but just so you’re aware that what you are doing is "non-standard".

As I said, there may be an action available out there. Otherwise, I guess it wouldn’t be too hard …
SS
Stephanie_Schaefer
Feb 2, 2004
If you’re using Photoshop CS, use the Export Layers to Files script (File | Scripts).
NJ
Neil_Johnson
Feb 2, 2004
Thanks, i’ll have to upgrade to CS one of these days.

I thought it’d at least be an addition to Image Ready as this would be more of a web feature as its quite common to use a layered file with various flattened mockups and screenshots.

Thanks
Neil
LL
Larry_Ligon
Feb 3, 2004
Here’s a JavaScript that will print all layers except the background. See the "readme.txt" file inside the zip file for
instructions on how to use. For Photoshop 7 and Photoshop CS. Should work on both PC and Mac.

http://home.comcast.net/~larryphotos/scripts/PrintAllLayers. ZIP

Larry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections