SH
Posted By
Shumon_Hakim
Feb 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought Adobe Photoshop Cs when it first came out. I installed it and everything went fine. Yesterday when I do to open it I get this error.

"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" has expired, Please enter a valid serial number. Any idea?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TE
Tin Ear
Feb 1, 2004
wrote in message
I bought Adobe Photoshop Cs when it first came out. I installed it and
everything went fine. Yesterday when I do to open it I get this error.
"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" has expired, Please enter a valid serial number.
Any idea?

Did you activate it? Call Adobe Tech Support.
DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 1, 2004
It sounds as if the product was not activated. Or that something about the activation has failed. You could reinstall, and reactivate. If it is the same computer, you should be able to reactivate without any problems. If you have made major changes to the computer (new hard disk, etc.) you may need to contact Adobe.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 1, 2004
I bought Adobe Photoshop Cs when it first came out.

From where?

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 1, 2004
it sounds like you bought a beta. bummer. next time buy retail.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 1, 2004
Thanks for ruining the suspense, Dave. 🙂

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 1, 2004
did you think he was actually going to tell you he paid 3 bucks at a chinese grocery store? 🙂
IL
Ian_Lyons
Feb 1, 2004
If it timed out at midnight 31 January 04 you’re using a beta serial number!

This has been an interesting day for me in that I’ve received (at the last count) 14 emails from folk asking me for serial numbers because there’s just timed out. All using Hotmail or BigFoot email addresses. Some even had the b…s to tell me that they had tried the hack but lost access to the function key – it’s a sad day when one can’t offer help 😉
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 1, 2004
No, but I always like to see what these people can conjure up. <g>

Bob
CC
chuck clark
Feb 1, 2004
Setting your clock back will allow a beta serial number to work.

wrote:

If it timed out at midnight 31 January 04 you’re using a beta serial number!
This has been an interesting day for me in that I’ve received (at the last count) 14 emails from folk asking me for serial numbers because there’s just timed out. All using Hotmail or BigFoot email addresses. Some even had the b…s to tell me that they had tried the hack but lost access to the function key – it’s a sad day when one can’t offer help 😉

RH
r_harvey
Feb 1, 2004
They generally conjure up the idea that they asked the question in the wrong place… then they’re gone.

Activation did a fine job here.
J
JJ
Feb 2, 2004
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 10:47:38 -0800, wrote:

They generally conjure up the idea that they asked the question in the wrong place… then they’re gone.

Activation did a fine job here.

It sure did – I actually bought Photoshop CS because every other time I thought about paying out so much dosh I got really ticked off with the people who had cracked copies which cost them zilch.

It is great although I did some decent stuff with Elements, at least I got a slight reduction because I got the upgrade package <g>

JJ
SH
Shumon_Hakim
Feb 2, 2004
I bought it from CompUSA.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 2, 2004
they sold you a beta. take it back.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Feb 2, 2004
they sold you a beta.

Not necessarily – if the version details given in System Info dialog (Help Menu) indicate Version 8 .0 (8.0×118) for the PC or Version 8 .0 (8.0×119) for the Mac then it is the shiping version. The serial number is a different thing altogether.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 2, 2004
true ian, i had thought to get them to check that, but if they can’t get it, they can’t check the version # right? unless it’s written somewhere on the hard drive…
ME
mike.engles
Feb 2, 2004
Hello

I am a bit puzzled. I have just got CS upgrade.
I was not asked for a previous serial number. I do have Photoshop 7.01 on the computer. I just entered the serial on the CD box. I also activated online. I did have the tryout which expired.

I really expected to be asked to put in the CD of the previous version.

Mike Engles
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 2, 2004
Mike,

If a previous version is installed on the computer, the installer will see it and use that as verification.

As for the demo, I believe you should uninstall it before installing the final version.

Bob
ME
mike.engles
Feb 2, 2004
Hello

The demo had expired. I was expecting to put in the previous version CD.

Mike Engles
ME
mike.engles
Feb 2, 2004
Hello

The demo had expired and had been uninstalled. I was expecting to put in the previous version CD.

Mike Engles

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections