Anyone here using MICROANGELO? How the heck do you make an icon TRANSPARENT??

MN
Posted By
Microangelo Noob
Aug 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m demo’ing Microangelo ver. 5.5 and I’m not even sure which "component" I need to be using to edit a previously-saved icon. I’m in "Studio" right now, but there’s also Toolbox (sheesh, too much trouble to put them into ONE program? or maybe they call each other; I have no idea because I’ve never used the program before). Anyway, I have read every section of Microangelo’s Getting Started + How To’s on this and I just don’t get it sigh.

I have a simple 256-color icon that I want to make the background transparent on. I flooded it with cobalt blue (a unique color to the rest of the icon’s palette) hoping to just, I don’t know, click the damn thing and make it transparent. Well that didn’t work lol.

Someone want to help me just get started with this? I can’t even search Eclipsit’s forums without first registering 🙁 (which I will NOT do before first viewing them) so I’m appealing to Usenet for a little help.

Thanks everyone!

MicroNoob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
fugitive
Aug 22, 2005
On 22 Aug 2005 10:49:09 -0700, "Microangelo Noob" wrote:

I’m demo’ing Microangelo ver. 5.5 and I’m not even sure which "component" I need to be using to edit a previously-saved icon. I’m in "Studio" right now, but there’s also Toolbox (sheesh, too much trouble to put them into ONE program? or maybe they call each other; I have no idea because I’ve never used the program before). Anyway, I have read every section of Microangelo’s Getting Started + How To’s on this and I just don’t get it sigh.

I have a simple 256-color icon that I want to make the background transparent on. I flooded it with cobalt blue (a unique color to the rest of the icon’s palette) hoping to just, I don’t know, click the damn thing and make it transparent. Well that didn’t work lol.
Someone want to help me just get started with this? I can’t even search Eclipsit’s forums without first registering 🙁 (which I will NOT do before first viewing them) so I’m appealing to Usenet for a little help.

Thanks everyone!

MicroNoob

Yes, I used the microwave everday to cook the popcorn.

Greg

Gallery: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=fugitive1 Digital Palette Art community http://www.digitalpalette.org/ "Cyberspace scared me so badly, I downloaded in my pants". Stephen King, Insomnia
K
Kingdom
Aug 22, 2005
"Microangelo Noob" wrote in
news::

Thanks everyone!

MicroNoob

Did you mis ‘photoshop’ in the group name?

f=Ma well, nearly…
I
info
Aug 22, 2005
MicroNoob – Why don’t you contact the tech support staff of Microangelo directly at:
T
Tim
Aug 23, 2005
Kingdom wrote:
"Microangelo Noob" wrote in
news::

Thanks everyone!

MicroNoob

He might well have… just as you’ve missed that it was cross-posted to four groups, two of which don’t contain ‘photoshop’ in the group name.

Tim
H
Hecate
Aug 23, 2005
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:20:18 GMT, "Tim"
wrote:

He might well have… just as you’ve missed that it was cross-posted to four groups, two of which don’t contain ‘photoshop’ in the group name.

So, not only does he post it to the wrong group, he even crossposts it to the wrong groups…

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
T
toby
Aug 24, 2005
Microangelo Noob wrote:

If you have Photoshop, you can easily do this with my free ICO format plugin: http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/#icoformat

Thanks everyone!

MicroNoob
MN
Microangelo Noob
Aug 28, 2005
People, the only reason I cross-posted this to four different groups is because there IS no one (let alone four) Usenet group specifically dealing with the program Microangelo. Given the cynicism expressed in this thread, the lot of you aren’t worth pointing out the obvious; but smarmy begs what smarmy gets. Listening class?

Since the title of the post asks, within the _first four words_ of the subject, if you are using MICROANGELO, why even click the thread if you AREN’T?

GET A LIFE.

There IS no one forum to put a question like this to so C.H.I.L.L. your sarcasm. I’ll put this question to the Corel groups, who at least have the sense to not reply if they have nothing productive whatsoever to say.

MN
MN
Microangelo Noob
Aug 28, 2005
wrote:
MicroNoob – Why don’t you contact the tech support staff of Microangelo directly at:

What part of my OP didn’t you appreciate? When I am demo’ing a piece of software I reserve the right to do so privately. If I wanted your organization to have my email address I would have registered with your forums directly.

Why you block even the VIEWING of your forums absent registration is not only hostile to potential new customers, it’s unnecessarily intrusive, and obstructive to the User’s attempts to get comfortable with a new program they’re trying out (er, programS, since for reasons not entirely clear to me you can’t manage to put these fractured bits into just _one_ bloody program tsk).

I can’t urge you strongly enough to open your proprietary forums to be viewable by visitors. Forums were created not to be hostile to building communities, but rather for PROMOTING AND ENCOURAGING them.

It turns me off.
And I have to wonder how many others seeking answers to technical questions (doubtless encountered and addressed by Microangelo Users previously) have been repulsed by a solicitation for their private email address when they are merely trying out the software.

Here’s an original thought:
How about answering my question so that a few thousand other people who might have this same question can efficiently find the answer on Google? I’ve permitted this post to be archived for this very reason . .. .

MN
R
Rick
Aug 28, 2005
Perhaps you should consider INDIVIDUAL post to each group vs. the shot gun.

That said you come hat in hand asking for help and berate everyone for not anticipating your unique needs
the alt.micro-give-a-sh|t group is that way ==>

"Microangelo Noob" wrote in message
| People, the only reason I cross-posted this to four different groups is | because there IS no one (let alone four) Usenet group specifically | dealing with the program Microangelo. Given the cynicism expressed in | this thread, the lot of you aren’t worth pointing out the obvious; but | smarmy begs what smarmy gets. Listening class?
|
| Since the title of the post asks, within the _first four words_ of the | subject, if you are using MICROANGELO, why even click the thread if you | AREN’T?
|
| GET A LIFE.
|
| There IS no one forum to put a question like this to so C.H.I.L.L. your | sarcasm. I’ll put this question to the Corel groups, who at least have | the sense to not reply if they have nothing productive whatsoever to | say.
|
| MN
|
O
Odysseus
Aug 29, 2005
In article <kmpQe.19569$>, "NotMe"
wrote:

Perhaps you should consider INDIVIDUAL post to each group vs. the shot gun.
In most of the NGs I read multiposting will attract considerably more flak than crossposting. Not only does it result in redundant answers because readers of only one of the groups won’t see the responses in the others, but those who *do* read more than one of the groups concerned will see the messages repeated in each; most newsreaders will mark a cross-posted message as read on encountering it in another group.

Odysseus

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections