How Do You MOVE Text with the Move Tool Smoothly in the Presence of Other Text?

S
Posted By
soulis
Aug 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Many times, I need to move a piece of text smoothly up and down or left and right. However, I cannot do it because whenever there is another text layer present (and visible), the movement in question is in small steps and not smooth. What exactly do I have to do? Thank you!

maria

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Aug 17, 2005
maria wrote:
Many times, I need to move a piece of text smoothly up and down or left and right. However, I cannot do it because whenever there is another text layer present (and visible), the movement in question is in small steps and not smooth. What exactly do I have to do? Thank you!

Turn off snap. I think it is Window->Snap.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
BH
Bill Hilton
Aug 17, 2005
maria writes …

Many times, I need to move a piece of text smoothly up and down or left and right. However, I cannot do it because whenever there is another text layer present (and visible), the movement in question is in small steps and not smooth. What exactly do I have to do?

Assuming the text is on a separate layer, select the Move tool and you can nudge it 1 pixel at a time with the arrow keys on the numeric keypad. Hold down shift and these keys move it 10 pixels per tap. If you need to move it a long ways and don’t want to use the arrow keys just hold down shift to keep the movement on a 90 degree axis and avoid slight misalignment.

Bill
S
soulis
Aug 19, 2005
Thank you, Bill.

maria

On 17 Aug 2005 06:39:22 -0700, "Bill Hilton"
wrote:

maria writes …

Many times, I need to move a piece of text smoothly up and down or left and right. However, I cannot do it because whenever there is another text layer present (and visible), the movement in question is in small steps and not smooth. What exactly do I have to do?

Assuming the text is on a separate layer, select the Move tool and you can nudge it 1 pixel at a time with the arrow keys on the numeric keypad. Hold down shift and these keys move it 10 pixels per tap. If you need to move it a long ways and don’t want to use the arrow keys just hold down shift to keep the movement on a 90 degree axis and avoid slight misalignment.

Bill
DM
Dan M
Aug 21, 2005
"maria" wrote in message

maria

The best way to find out how to do that is search using
google or msn search and type in "photoshop basics tutorials" caused it would take too much to explain it to
you. Plus you will learn alot more than just that technique. There are real good Photoshop resources out there….
‘cheers’

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections