PS
Posted By
PETER_SUTTER
Jan 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS I have run into a problem. I am unable to unlock images that show as locked in the broswer. I don’t even know how they became locked in the first place. Clarification of these issues would be helpful.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DC
Dan_Crescent
Jan 28, 2004
Right Click image, select properties and remove the check on Read Only. They became that way because more than likely you got them from a CD.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 28, 2004
or if they’re still on the cd, you’ll need to move them to the hard drive to unlock them.
R
Rastamon
Jan 28, 2004
Peter, if you want to remove the read-only status on all of them at once, you go to Windows Explorer, right-click on the highest level folder containing your images and sub-folders, then Properties. If read-only is checked, uncheck it. If read-only isn’t checked, check it. Be sure to check the box that says "include all sub-folders" is checked. Then once this process is complete, re-do it with the check mark in the read-only box unchecked. This will remove the lock from all of them at once, and you shouldn’t have to worry about it from then on. I hope this is clear. If not, let us know.
CR
Charles_R_Geer
Feb 14, 2004
Using Photoshop CS on a G4 Mac with Panther I’ve run into a similar problem with locked files in the browser. They’re all older files. I can’t seem to unlock them. They appear with the lock icon in the browser and I cannot figure out how to change them in Photoshop. When I use "Get Info" in the Finder, they do not appear to be locked but can’t be changed one way or the other. Really strange. Fortunately, I can still do a "save as" and create a new file. I’m sure I’m just missing something somewhere…..
L
LenHewitt
Feb 14, 2004
Charles,

Posting in the Photoshop_Mac forum would perhaps be a better bet than posting here in the Photoshop_Win forum…..

However, that normally happens when you have copied files from a CD. As they will be R/O on the CD they will retain that setting. You will need to change that file attribute from the Finder, assuming it works the same way on a Mac to under Windows.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections