D
Posted By
dwolf
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been working with digital photo’s for a while now and now I realized maybe I should find out if I’m doing the correct thing… Example: I take a high res tiff..shot on my 5 megapixel camera, and in photoshop the image size
comes up as 35 inch by 23 inch at 72 dpi… So now I want it to read as 300 dpi. I uncheck resample image and make the dpi change, now the image is 8.8 by 6.5 and I consider my task done ??? is this correct…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Apr 2, 2004
dwolf wrote:
I’ve been working with digital photo’s for a while now and now I realized maybe I should find out if I’m doing the correct thing… Example: I take a high res tiff..shot on my 5 megapixel camera, and in photoshop the image size
comes up as 35 inch by 23 inch at 72 dpi… So now I want it to read as 300 dpi. I uncheck resample image and make the dpi change, now the image is 8.8 by 6.5 and I consider my task done ??? is this correct…

Yes indeed. You got it!

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
B
BF
Apr 2, 2004
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
dwolf wrote:
I’ve been working with digital photo’s for a while now and now I realized maybe I should find out if I’m doing the correct thing… Example: I take a high res tiff..shot on my 5 megapixel camera,
and in
photoshop the image size
comes up as 35 inch by 23 inch at 72 dpi… So now I want it to
read
as 300 dpi. I uncheck resample image and make the dpi change, now
the
image is 8.8 by 6.5 and I consider my task done ??? is this correct…

Yes indeed. You got it!

Is it also correct to say that if you tell your printing software to print that same image at 8.8 X 6.5 that it will print at 300 PPI?
MR
Mike Russell
Apr 3, 2004
BF wrote:
dwolf wrote:

Yes indeed. You got it!

Is it also correct to say that if you tell your printing software to print that same image at 8.8 X 6.5 that it will print at 300 PPI?

Yes. The ppi is the pixel dimensions divided by the final print size in inches.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
M
Mark
Apr 5, 2004
dwolf wrote:

Yes indeed. You got it!

Does the same hold true with the highest res jpg shot?
AA
Adelson Anton
Apr 5, 2004
Mark wrote:
Does the same hold true with the highest res jpg shot?

Should be the same

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections