Posted By
Patrick_Sutton
Jan 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Guys –

Okay – I’ve read all the postings on the pirated cd’s but I have not found one that matches exactly what I’m looking at. on eBay, for $275, a Photoshop 7.0 OEM cd is being offered. This cd is supposed to be in Adobe OEM packaging, still sealed, and with an unused serial number. However, what concerns me is that it has the same "cannot be registered for technical support" clause in it. Can someone please explain to me just exactly what services/support/upgrades true, authentic OEM software is eligible for? I mean, no OEM software qualifies for phone based technical support, does it? And if the software is distributed with a computer, doesn’t that make it legal? and finally, if it is in the true Adobe OEM packaging (I have some Adobe Acrobat OEM software so I know what it looks like), can it still be pirated? I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Sincerely,
Patrick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
progress
Jan 25, 2004
perhaps its one of those packages that Adobe give away to for PR etc, they have special numbers.

perhaps its a good fake

perhaps the serial has been used already

perhaps its stolen

perhaps its better to buy from a more reliable source.
RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 25, 2004
AFAIK, there were no PS 7.0 OEMs. In fact, I think the last version of PS to packaged for OEMs was PS 4.0. In short, it’s a rip off. Even OEM versions can be registered.

Bob
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jan 25, 2004
As one that gets the PR review copies I can tell you that we get the full boxed copy and that the bottom of the box on the sticker it is often marked NFR (Not For Resale).

All of this aside OEM without the hardware it was licensed to is illegal. Finally there were no OEM copies of Photoshop 7.

The simple fact is. If it is OEM and it isn’t being sold with the hardware it was licensed to it is as good as a pirated copy. Having them include some like RAM with it, etc. doesn’t change that.

Robert
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 25, 2004
It’s almost certainly an Asian counterfeit, packaging and all.

Mac
DR
David Raven
Jan 27, 2004
AFAIK, there were no PS 7.0 OEMs. In fact, I think the last version of PS to packaged for OEMs was PS 4.0. In short, it’s a rip off. Even OEM versions can be registered.

HP were bundling PS5 with scanners in the UK and AFAIK that was the last version they did this with.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections