KG
Posted By
Kinkos_Geek
Jan 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to create text on a curve in photoshop? ie similar to the way its done in illustrator?

Many thanks in advance!

KG

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
JasonSmith
Jan 21, 2004
What version of PS are you using?
KG
Kinkos_Geek
Jan 21, 2004
Sorry about that, im using PS 6 at the moment, however i have access to version 7 as well.
J
JasonSmith
Jan 21, 2004
The quickest way: the text wrap feature – newly introduced in PS 6.

Not quite as accurate as some people need.

So the other option is to do the text wrap in Illustrator, save as outlines – then copy/paste into Photoshop.

Photoshop CS does have a new vector text on a path feature, but I’ve yet to use CS so cant really comment on it.
ED
Emma_d_Anise
Jan 21, 2004
Text "wrap" or "warp," Jason? This makes it sound like you’re talking about two totally separate text issues.
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Jan 21, 2004
It’s a standard feature in PS Elements. Doesn’t full PS have the Warp feature in the Text tool? It’s the furthest button to the right in the Text toolbar. It’s called "Create Warped Text."
Bert
J
JasonSmith
Jan 21, 2004
Yes, sorry Emma, I meant warp!!

PS 6 has text warp.

PS CS has a path text wrap.
ED
Emma_d_Anise
Jan 21, 2004
Sorry to sound nit-picky, Jason. It just struck me that it conveys an entirely different idea.
J
JasonSmith
Jan 22, 2004
No harm done, it certainly doesnt help if I just confuse the Kinkos guy.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections