AB
Posted By
Arthur_Bogut
Jan 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to save the history palette, along with the corrected photo, for future reference. It seems like this should be automatic, so it could be used or modified in the future. How can this be done?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RB
Robert_Barnett
Jan 21, 2004
Not possible. In CS I believe you can save the history list as a text file, but that to me is worthless since you can load that back in and reapply it to another image. You need to be able to save history with the file so when you load the file back up you have the option of reloading the history with it and you need to be able to save the history as an action for use with other images.

Robert
MM
Mike_McBride
Jan 27, 2004
This is a huge problem for me. I almost, blindly, purchased CS after speaking with an Abobe tech who told me it would save the History States using the Layers Comp function. A quick test using the Tryout version showed this was not the case. New versions of an image could be saved in a single file, but when the file was closed and then reopened, the History Palette was empty. Layers Comp is useful, but not what I need.

I repair and restore art history slides and end up with dozens of States in my History Palette when I’m finished on an image. Often, I need to make adjustments after the final image is reviewed by the company owners. Being able to jump back in the History Palette would make this process much easier and more accurate.

If CS cannot do this, I will not be upgrading from 7.

Please Adobe! Are you listening?

Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections