Posted By
Roger_Beck
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

I am looking for templates that have the filed out negative carrier look as well as polaroid edges, fuzzy borders, hasselblad or square borders around an image, THAT DONT INTRUDE IN TO THE IMAGE. All the programs I have seen, the effect goes in to the live area of the image and screws it up. The original effects, either with a negative varrier, or polaroid transfer, left the images intact with a staight line along the edge and the "sloppy border" was outside the image area.

Any ideas? Direction?

Thanks much,
Roger

312-666-816

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SA
Sven-Martin_Adelhoff
Jan 19, 2004
I’m not sure I understood you correctly, but I’ll comment it anyway. To make an edge around a picture, I usually use a grayscale template as layer mask. I started with downloading free stuff from the web (download free edges gives something with google) and got a couple of hundred templates. I then bought another guy’s collection with 2,000 templates and finally ended up with auto f/x graphic edges with 10,000 templates. The program itself is not so useful, but the templates are. Yes, you are right, most of the edges go into the picture itself, but there are many which do not. So maybe you just need to collect some more until they contain what you need.

Sven
BO
Burton_Ogden
Jan 20, 2004
Roger,

If the edges don’t go into the picture, then you need some way to make the picture stretch into the edges. Otherwise the edge is going to look totally "added on". There probably are several ways in Photoshop to expand an image to get some spare stuff to use in the edge. The trick is to find a method that doesn’t require a lot of manual effort on your part.

— Burton —
P
Phosphor
Jan 20, 2004
Just a note Roger:

You’re quite the brave soul to post your phone number here.

Me, I would NEVER do it, and neither would most people.

But, ultimately, it’s up to you to do what you want.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 20, 2004
Not to worry. The Phone# is incomplete.

Perhaps the template and image can be combined in PhotoMerge.

I am assuming PSCS here.
RB
Roger_Beck
Jan 20, 2004
"Not to worry. The Phone# is incomplete."

Worry about what?

Roger
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jan 20, 2004
Roger,

Why look for templates if you can create this yourself? For instance scan a negative, or a slide filmstrip at 4000 ppi including perforations and imprinted text etc.

The Polaroid/Hasselblad/enlarger frame borders are easely made with PS when you put your mind to it.

With resizing canvas there shouldn’t be a problem with having the border not fall inside the image.

Create a "border library", so you’ll have them as templates anyway. I’m creating a sky and cloud lib that way for all my fraudulent artwork.

Rob
PF
Peter_Figen
Jan 20, 2004
Roger,

Since the best of that filed out look comes from painstakenly filing until you get exactly the "look" you want, I would suggest that you make actual prints with the borders you like and scan those at a high enough resolution to use. That’s what I do, and it works great. I haven’t seen anything commercially that comes close to the real thing. Get out that mill bastard and get yer hands dirty.
P
Phosphor
Jan 21, 2004
D’OH!

My brain auto-filled a 10th digit into the Roger’s phone number.

’scuse me…I’m heading down to the pub to reset my prefs.

🙂
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 21, 2004
Gotta watch those Auto fills. You might spill some gas.

:-);-)
F
forestcarlisle
Jan 3, 2005
Roger –

I just found Nitorix BorderIT. www.nitorix.com. It is a set of scripts for Photoshop CS that does true full frame sloppy borders. I am very pleased with it.

forest

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections