Posted By
Philip Procter
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I store my images on CD’s.

I would like to find a program that will generate thumbnails or contact sheets of the images on my Cd’s and store the thumbs on the hard drive. that way I could search the hard drive for the image and then pull the correct CD.

I don’t want a program that forces me to load each CD and check the contents. That’s how my CD’s got scratched in the first place.

Any suggestions?

Philip

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SI
stupid_idiot
Mar 6, 2004
thumbs plus

"Philip Procter" wrote in message

I would like to find a program that will generate thumbnails or contact sheets of the images on my Cd’s and store the thumbs on the hard drive. that way I could search the hard drive for the image and then pull the correct CD.

I don’t want a program that forces me to load each CD and check the contents. That’s how my CD’s got scratched in the first place.
Any suggestions?

Philip
N
niknik1971
Mar 6, 2004
ACDsee can do that

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/ACDSee/index?LAN= englishX60

NIK

Any suggestions?

Philip
DD
Duncan Donald
Mar 6, 2004
You have not mentioned the type of files you want to store. Some of the applications to do what you ask cannot read camera raw files. This would severly limit your ability to reproduce (the pictures) if you want to store them as hi-res images.

Douglas

Any suggestions?

Philip
CC
Clive Croucher
Mar 6, 2004
Irfanview will do that for you and may be downloaded free of charge from www.irfanview.com

Any suggestions?

Philip
S
supchaka
Mar 6, 2004
Philip Procter wrote:
*I store my images on CD’s.

Any suggestions?

Philip *

Uhm, Photoshop

supchak
———————————————————— ———– Posted via http://www.forum4designers.co
———————————————————— ———– View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message54683.htm
R
RBB
Mar 6, 2004
really good for that option
F
Frederick
Mar 6, 2004
ThumbsPlus is the clear winner.

Go to www.cerious.com

Any suggestions?

Philip
H
Hecate
Mar 7, 2004
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:48:06 GMT, Philip Procter
wrote:

Any suggestions?

Philip

Thumbs Plus. great image database and it’ll read most formats you can think of including RAW.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
M
meme
Mar 7, 2004
These viewers seem to be what I am looking for also.

Is it just a matter of copying the CD to hard drive, view as thumbnails and save onto the hard drive?

What if the CD is full e.g. 600 mb worth of photos, will there also be 600mb downloaded and saved to hard drive. I don’t have all that much room? Please clarify for me.

Thanks in advance

"Clive Croucher" wrote in message
Irfanview will do that for you and may be downloaded free of charge from www.irfanview.com

Any suggestions?

Philip

R
RBB
Mar 7, 2004
"photoshop album 2 is very good for that,
just make offline thumbs

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections