DH
Posted By
Dennis Hughes
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using CS and fairly new to Photoshop.

Normally, when I erase, the white background color appears in the erased area.

I have a RGB file that erases to transparency and can’t find where to change it back to white. Have checked the help files and had no luck there also.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
arrooke
Mar 2, 2004

I have a RGB file that erases to transparency and can’t find where to change it back to white. Have checked the help files and had no luck there also.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis
Once you flatten the image all will be well. If you don’t wish to flatten, you can add a bottom (background) layer & fill it with white. Or, you can select the transparent area & fill it with white (or any colour of your choosing).
Keith.
DH
Dennis Hughes
Mar 2, 2004
Keith,

Flattening worked just fine. I didn’t notice I didn’t’ have a background layer. Don’t know how that happened, All is normal now.

Now that my image is normal, is there a way to cause the eraser to cause transparency and still stay in RGB? I have been going to Index Color to make the background transparent.

Thanks,

Dennis

arrooke wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis
Once you flatten the image all will be well. If you don’t wish to flatten, you can add a bottom (background) layer & fill it with white. Or, you can select the transparent area & fill it with white (or any colour of your choosing).
Keith.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections