J
Posted By
jbach55
Jan 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There are images I get from the internet sometimes, that give me only 2 ways to save them when I right click on them. I can save them either as .bmp files or .art files. No matter which way I save them, I can’t open them (and usually can’t find them either, though I know exactly where I put them; they simply won’t show up at times).

What do I need to do? Please e-mail me directly at as I’ve been having problems logging on to the user forum.

thanks,

jeff

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
larry
Jan 16, 2004
* .art is an AOL proprietary format. It’s part of their bandwidth compression software. You can disable the compression if you follow the instructions on this page: <http://imagecompress.com/aol.htm>
It’s on a web site that I built to compare 20 different graphics programs and their ability to create compressed Jpegs. BMP is a standard Windows uncompressed format. Programs like ACDSee can open either with no problem.

Larry Berman
JS
John_Slate
Jan 17, 2004
….but if you have a .art file already, you can open it in AOL (File>Open) then save as to a more Photoshop friendly format.

..Bmp files should open in Photoshop without problems.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections