AS
Posted By
Alan Smithee
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Why, when I go from "Fit Screen" to "Actual Pixels" and then activate the "Hand Tool" Via holding the Space Bar, can I not pan the bloody photo!!! If I zoom out and back it it works?!!! Arrrrghhhh. It does this in PS7 and CS!!! Is there a fix?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
bogus
May 26, 2005
Hmm. If you have the image Fit to Screen then of course the hand tool will not work. The hand tool will only "move" the image to show parts that are outside the viewing boundry. You do not have any parts outside the viewing boundry under your conditions.

Alan Smithee wrote:

Why, when I go from "Fit Screen" to "Actual Pixels" and then activate the "Hand Tool" Via holding the Space Bar, can I not pan the bloody photo!!! If I zoom out and back it it works?!!! Arrrrghhhh. It does this in PS7 and CS!!! Is there a fix?

E
edjh
May 26, 2005
bogus wrote:
Hmm. If you have the image Fit to Screen then of course the hand tool will not work. The hand tool will only "move" the image to show parts that are outside the viewing boundry. You do not have any parts outside the viewing boundry under your conditions.

Alan Smithee wrote:

Why, when I go from "Fit Screen" to "Actual Pixels" and then activate the "Hand Tool" Via holding the Space Bar, can I not pan the bloody photo!!! If
I zoom out and back it it works?!!! Arrrrghhhh. It does this in PS7 and CS!!! Is there a fix?
Except in CS where you can hit F and get a full screen that CAN be moved around with the hand tool regardless of zoom. Very nice feature.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
AS
Alan Smithee
May 26, 2005
No no no. You’re in "Fit Screen" THEN you go to Actual Pixels (i.e. 100%) and it refuses to pan.

"bogus" wrote in message

Alan Smithee wrote:

Why, when I go from "Fit Screen" to "Actual Pixels" and then activate
the
"Hand Tool" Via holding the Space Bar, can I not pan the bloody photo!!!
If
I zoom out and back it it works?!!! Arrrrghhhh. It does this in PS7 and CS!!! Is there a fix?

AS
Alan Smithee
May 26, 2005
Good Tip

"edjh" wrote in message
bogus wrote:

Alan Smithee wrote:

the
"Hand Tool" Via holding the Space Bar, can I not pan the bloody photo!!! If
Except in CS where you can hit F and get a full screen that CAN be moved around with the hand tool regardless of zoom. Very nice feature.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
AS
Alan Smithee
May 26, 2005
And this is all being done while in Zoom Tool mode BTW.

"bogus" wrote in message

Alan Smithee wrote:

the
If

AS
Alan Smithee
May 27, 2005
Arrgh I figured it out. When you click on the "Actual Pixels" button at the top of the program the "focus" in Windows stays with the button, pressing the Space Bar key presents the cursor (as documented by Adobe) as the Hand Tool BUT also toggles the "Actual Pixels" button up and down at the same time because Windows hasn’t release the focus on that object. It’s trying to do two things at once. Can you say BUG.

"bogus" wrote in message

Alan Smithee wrote:

the
If

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections