Posted By
zz9zzaNOSPAMMMM
Feb 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,

I tried to start CS this evening, and I got a warning saying that my "configuration" had changed and that I had to activate again. My wife said that she had a similar problem earlier, but the warning said something about a 30 day trial. (She just shut it down and waited for me to come home to see the problem) I couldn’t get it to recognize my internet connection and had to actually call and punch in my serial number to get them to give me a code to release the app. The computer in question is a laptop. I did plug in a PCMCIA CF adapter card today. If you use a different brand CF card in the adapter, windows sometimes has to load new drivers. Could that have caused my problem? Am I going to have to re-activate everytime I buy a different CF card? WTF?

John O.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JC
James Connell
Feb 28, 2004
John O. wrote:
Hello All,

I tried to start CS this evening, and I got a warning saying that my "configuration" had changed and that I had to activate again. My wife said that she had a similar problem earlier, but the warning said something about a 30 day trial. (She just shut it down and waited for me to come home to see the problem) I couldn’t get it to recognize my internet connection and had to actually call and punch in my serial number to get them to give me a code to release the app. The computer in question is a laptop. I did plug in a PCMCIA CF adapter card today. If you use a different brand CF card in the adapter, windows sometimes has to load new drivers. Could that have caused my problem? Am I going to have to re-activate everytime I buy a different CF card? WTF?

John O.

absolutly not! theare is a perfectly good crack of the activation available on the web, use it and tell adobe to take a flying f>>> at a rolling donut.
J
Jimmy
Feb 28, 2004
"James Connell" wrote in message
absolutly not! theare is a perfectly good crack of the activation available on the web, use it and tell adobe to take a flying f>>> at a rolling donut.

No don’t. This provides a perfect reason to bitch to them about the senseless activation crap. Tell them you want to speak with a supervisor, that you are fed up with this sort of treatment of a good customer. If enough people let Adobe know they will not be purchasing such crap in the future, perhaps they will reconsider the activation scheme.
R
Roberto
Feb 28, 2004
Nah, just use the crack. They’ll never give up. I see activation activated progs popping up even in the freeware world.

There are progs that demand a free registration and then you have to re-register after a certain amount of time (say, two to three month).

Branko
(http://www.dobrojutro.netfirms.com/)

"Jimmy" wrote in message

No don’t. This provides a perfect reason to bitch to them about the senseless activation crap. Tell them you want to speak with a supervisor, that you are fed up with this sort of treatment of a good customer. If enough people let Adobe know they will not be purchasing such crap in the future, perhaps they will reconsider the activation scheme.
PB
Peter Booth
Feb 29, 2004
And what happens if you live like I do in NewZealand and any contact involves an international call ? I am assuming this as I don’t know anyone here who has CS yet and if there are any agents or inexpensive ways of reactivating if it becomes necessary , maybe it can be done with email ? I for one would need to know this info before upgrading even though I should upgrade as I could do with the plug in for RAW imaging.
"Branko Vukelic" wrote in message
Nah, just use the crack. They’ll never give up. I see activation activated progs popping up even in the freeware world.

There are progs that demand a free registration and then you have to re-register after a certain amount of time (say, two to three month).

Branko
(http://www.dobrojutro.netfirms.com/)

"Jimmy" wrote in message

No don’t. This provides a perfect reason to bitch to them about the senseless activation crap. Tell them you want to speak with a
supervisor,
that you are fed up with this sort of treatment of a good customer. If enough people let Adobe know they will not be purchasing such crap in
the
future, perhaps they will reconsider the activation scheme.

H
Hecate
Feb 29, 2004
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:29:05 GMT, "John O."
wrote:

Hello All,

Probably. You get three changes per computer then you have to reactivate. Note that even changing a disk volume label is recorded as ca change. And then, after you’ve contacted Adobe 3 times for reactivation, be prepared to face the third degree as they don’t believe anyone needs to reactivate more than three times…

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
K
KBob
Feb 29, 2004
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:10:07 -0600, "Jimmy"
wrote:

You’re both right. Give them hell and also apply the crack. Tell them you’re absolutely fed up with this kind of crap. On top of that you may also have XP Home Version, and that’s also spying on your configuration changes and waiting to blow the whistle on you. Enough already…
PJ
Paul J Gans
Mar 3, 2004
Hecate wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:29:05 GMT, "John O."
wrote:

Hello All,

Probably. You get three changes per computer then you have to reactivate. Note that even changing a disk volume label is recorded as ca change. And then, after you’ve contacted Adobe 3 times for reactivation, be prepared to face the third degree as they don’t believe anyone needs to reactivate more than three times…

You are kidding, right? I have two different CF cards
that I need to read on my machine. That means that I’ll quickly go beyond the three changes limit.[*]

I certainly can’t be the only one in this position. Can anyone comment?

—– Paul J. Gans

[*] I own CS but have not installed it pending the
arrival of the New Machine. I *knew* there’d be
a hassle if I installed it on the old machine first.
H
Hecate
Mar 3, 2004
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 02:17:47 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
wrote:

that I need to read on my machine. That means that I’ll quickly go beyond the three changes limit.[*]

No, I’m not kidding. If I could remember it, I’d point you at a site which gives all the different types of things you can do to a machine that are checked to see if you are required to reactivate.

This also applies to XP of course, if you have an activated version rather than a business version.

I suspect you’ll probably be alright with the CF cards as it should see the reader rather than the cards – the disk volume labels will be for fixed disks. At least, I hope so anyway.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
U
ued
Mar 3, 2004
I’m planning to buy an exterior rack device holding switchable HD containing drawers (from Vipower company) connected via USB2 or different ports to my computer, actually with PS7 version installed. Should I reactivate PS-cs every time I switch a new HD?
And if I’ll install the CS on another set with double bootable OS (win2K and winXP)??
Where in the Adobe sitecan I have responses?

ued

"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

No, I’m not kidding. If I could remember it, I’d point you at a site which gives all the different types of things you can do to a machine that are checked to see if you are required to reactivate.
This also applies to XP of course, if you have an activated version rather than a business version.

I suspect you’ll probably be alright with the CF cards as it should see the reader rather than the cards – the disk volume labels will be for fixed disks. At least, I hope so anyway.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
DD
Duncan Donald
Mar 3, 2004
The whole activation proceedure is pretty poorly explained by Adobe. All it is are some files in the Adobe directory which get read (like the plug-in directory) during boot time.

Got the right info? clean start. No info (like after a re-install) the activation screen comes up. This presumes the same computer is used. Swap your drive to another PC and try to run PS and it will need re-installation and re-activation.

Douglas
—————

"ued" wrote in message
I’m planning to buy an exterior rack device holding switchable HD
containing
drawers (from Vipower company) connected via USB2 or different ports to my computer, actually with PS7 version installed. Should I reactivate PS-cs every time I switch a new HD?
And if I’ll install the CS on another set with double bootable OS (win2K
and
winXP)??
Where in the Adobe sitecan I have responses?

ued

"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

PJ
Paul J Gans
Mar 3, 2004
Hecate wrote:
wrote:

Thanks. I’ve had no trouble with XP. I think you are right and it sees the reader (or the driver) alone and that doesn’t change.

—- Paul J. Gans

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections