S
Posted By
Sonrise
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to access the Curves feature in Elemebts 3? I know a curves tool is offered with the Hidden Tools, but is this stand-alone, or does it access undocumented features of E3?

Thanks

Sonrise

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
trondeh
May 20, 2005
Sonrise wrote:

Is there any way to access the Curves feature in Elemebts 3? I know a curves tool is offered with the Hidden Tools, but is this stand-alone, or does it access undocumented features of E3?

Have a look at:

http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/Challenge/Tools/Files.html

and for a commercial plug-in:

http://www.curvemeister.com

Regards
trondeh
W
whizwhizwhizwhizwhiz
May 20, 2005
Elements 3.0 like all other versions are based on the current version of Photoshop. Version 3 uses the Photoshop CS1 engine. All of the Photoshop CS1 features a pretty much there, there is just no user way of accessing them. They had to do this so that plug-ins for the full Photoshop would be fully compatible with Elements.

The only thing I can thing to try would be to create an action in the full version of Photoshop and then install that in to Elements 3. The action would do one thing and that was call up the curves dialog box. Installing actions in to Elements however is a bit of work, but can be done. Do a search on the web for actions and Photoshop Elements 3. You should pull up some information on this there. Then you just need the action and image file for the action.

"Sonrise" wrote in message

Thanks

Sonrise

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections