Prining CMYK logo on windows laser printers.

NE
Posted By
no_email
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When we print our companies logo (supplied as a cmyk eps file), which is in Pantone 187C, to desktop lasers , the colours come out wrong (to bright a red, almost pink) when printed from word. Do I need to convert to an RGB format to correct this and if so how? Or do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
Tacit
Apr 25, 2005
In article ,
wrote:

When we print our companies logo (supplied as a cmyk eps file), which is in Pantone 187C, to desktop lasers , the colours come out wrong (to bright a red, almost pink) when printed from word. Do I need to convert to an RGB format to correct this…

Word handles CMYK images in general quite poorly; converting the logo to something like an RGB TIFF or bitmap file will likely improve the situation, yes. (This assumes that your printer is not a PostScript printer, of course.)

However, you may also want to consider that the color will likely never match precisely. Pantone colors are intended to be printed using a special ink, and most Pantone colors can not be reproduced in CMYK. Since your printer is inherently a CMYK device, the odds are good that it will never be able to exactly match a given Pantone color.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
GH
Gernot Hoffmann
Apr 25, 2005
The equivalent RGB values for 187C are:
sRGB: 177/25/51
AdobeRGB(98): 151/31/54
Maybe the printed results are better if the logo color
is redefined by RGB.

Best regards –Gernot Hoffmann

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections