Entering special characters in text mode?

W
Posted By
winhag
Apr 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How does one enter special characters in text in Photoshop? For example if I wanted to enter the copyright symbol whose ascii code is 169, how is this done?

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

I
iamarussianspy
Apr 22, 2005
If you’re using Windows, then there is an easy way to get any character who’s ascii code you know.
1. Hit numlock
2. Hold down the alt key
3. Type in the ascii code of the character you want. Add 0s at the beginning until the number is 4 digits. To use your example, you would hold down alt and type 0169

I’ve found the easiest way to do this is using the right alt key and the numpad (hitting numlock is only necessary if you’re using the numpad).
JR
John Rampling
Apr 22, 2005
wrote in message
If you’re using Windows, then there is an easy way to get any character who’s ascii code you know.
1. Hit numlock
2. Hold down the alt key
3. Type in the ascii code of the character you want. Add 0s at the beginning until the number is 4 digits. To use your example, you would hold down alt and type 0169

I’ve found the easiest way to do this is using the right alt key and the numpad (hitting numlock is only necessary if you’re using the numpad).

Correction: Hitting Numlock is NOT necessary even if Numlock is not already on (try it and see).
BTW you HAVE to use the numpad – the ordinary number keys will not work for this.

John
E
edjh
Apr 22, 2005
wrote:
How does one enter special characters in text in Photoshop? For example if I wanted to enter the copyright symbol whose ascii code is 169, how is this done?

Thanks
Character Map.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections