B
Posted By
Bernie
Jun 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want 2 individual closed paths to be "welded" together. How do I do this in PS? Thanks.

Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Jun 26, 2003
Hmm, I know you can join a path that you’re currently drawing to an existing path (the pen tool gets a little "join" chain symbol next to it), but I don’t think you can join paths like you can in Illustrator. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!
P
Phosphor
Jun 26, 2003
Hmm, I know you can join a path that you’re currently drawing to an existing path (the pen tool gets a little "join" chain symbol next to it), but I don’t think you can join paths like you can in Illustrator. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong!
B
Bernie
Jun 27, 2003
I figured it out…simply select the 2 closed shape paths that you want to "weld" (into one shape). Make sure the "add to shape" icon is selected which appears along with other icons just left of the "combine" button along the top of the screen and then click on "combine". Voila! both path shapes are "welded" together to make one closed path.

Tom
P
Phosphor
Jun 27, 2003
Oh, overlapping paths? I see 🙂
P
Phosphor
Jun 27, 2003
Way to go. Good job on getting it figured out.

Now, Tom…all facetiousness aside…

If you’d kindly describe to the group here the special variety of joy you get from figuring out a problem on your own, and how that discovery is likely to be embedded in your memory more deeply than if you were to have been handed the answer, it may act as an inspiration to others.

It really DOES go a long way toward boosting our confidence and sense of self-reliance when we puzzle out the answer to some of the questions we have using the reference materials freely available.
ID
IRAQI DESIGNER
Jun 29, 2003
Hi,

1- You have two paths (let us say Path1, Path2).
2- Go to path2. With Direct Selection Tool (Keyboard A) select the whole path. 3- Ctrl + C
4- Go to Path1
5- Ctrl + V
6- Now we have the both paths together.
7- With Direct Selection Tool (Keyboard A) select the first anchore point in first path. 8- Activate the Pen tool.
9- Now Alt + Click on the first anchor point in the other path. 10- Done

Regards

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections