B
Posted By
Blanther
Apr 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I start PS 8.0 I get msg ‘error unable to locate scratchremoval.dll’. The app still comes up after I reply OK to the error msg.

Does anyone have info about this error?

TIA

blanther

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jjs
Apr 3, 2005
"blanther" wrote in message
When I start PS 8.0 I get msg ‘error unable to locate scratchremoval.dll’. The
app still comes up after I reply OK to the error msg.

What did you do before this began to happen? Did you upgrade or reinstall? In any event, run a disc search for scratchremoval.dll and put it where it belongs in the plug-in directory.
B
Blanther
Apr 3, 2005
Thanks for the comment. After I installed ColorWasher 2.02 the problem seems to have appeared. I uninstalled the plugin colorwasher, and re-installed PS CS and the problem still exists. Did a search for the SCRATCHREMOVAL.dll file and nothing is found.

Thanks again for the comment.

blanther

In article , jjs says…

What did you do before this began to happen? Did you upgrade or reinstall? In any event, run a disc search for scratchremoval.dll and put it where it belongs in the plug-in directory.

B
Brian
Apr 4, 2005
blanther wrote:
Thanks for the comment. After I installed ColorWasher 2.02 the problem seems to have appeared. I uninstalled the plugin colorwasher, and re-installed PS CS and the problem still exists. Did a search for the SCRATCHREMOVAL.dll file and nothing is found.

Thanks again for the comment.

blanther

In article , jjs says…

Hi blanther,

The weird thing is, I have access to a computer with PS CS on it, and I did a search for that .dll file, and it does not exist! (yes, I did include hidden files in the search). The programme runs fine on this computer, but it does not have that file.

Brian.
H
harrylimey
Apr 4, 2005
When I start PS 8.0 I get msg ‘error unable to locate scratchremoval.dll’.
The

TIA

blanther

I also searched my hard drive and found no mention of scratchremoval (dll or otherwise) anywhere, which indicates that it maybe singular to your machine – ie a plug-in??

I did find a thread which mentioned :-
" It was a Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal plug-in (2002). Once I deleted it, the problem went away."

the thread was not clear whether this referred to scratchremoval.dll. have a look for yourself
http://www.24help.info/showthread.php?t=79395&page=2&amp ;pp=5

Harry
B
Brian
Apr 4, 2005
Harry Limey wrote:

When I start PS 8.0 I get msg ‘error unable to locate scratchremoval.dll’.

The

TIA

blanther

I also searched my hard drive and found no mention of scratchremoval (dll or otherwise) anywhere, which indicates that it maybe singular to your machine – ie a plug-in??

I did find a thread which mentioned :-
" It was a Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal plug-in (2002). Once I deleted it, the problem went away."

the thread was not clear whether this referred to scratchremoval.dll. have a look for yourself
http://www.24help.info/showthread.php?t=79395&page=2&amp ;pp=5
Harry
You would make a good detective, Harry! LOL

All the best,
Brian.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections