M
Posted By
Manticore
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There has to be a tutorial somewhere concerning applying a gloss wet skin/paint look to a photo. Specifically I’m concerned with apply the effect to human skin.I have tried the Bevel /Emboss filter but not having much luck. Any help muchly appreciated

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
newsgroup
Feb 9, 2004
"Manticore" wrote in message
There has to be a tutorial somewhere concerning applying a gloss wet skin/paint look to a photo. Specifically I’m concerned with apply the effect to human skin.I have tried the Bevel /Emboss filter but not having much luck. Any help muchly appreciated

Someone probably will post a link for a tutorial but in the meantime try this… Plastic wrap filter at a high setting for a strong effect then fade it, maybe 50-75% in Soft Light mode or experiment with it at various settings and modes. Whatever. When you find something that looks close use the history brush from the state before the filter (probably not at full opacity on skin) to remove the highlights that look out of place. Kind of quick and dirty, I just came up with this on the first try so experiment to refine it. ~Doc
M
Manticore
Feb 9, 2004
Yep the plastic wrap had a try with that also but like you said Doc a little refinement and experimentating needed thanks for the tips though.

"Dr. J. Smith" wrote in message
"Manticore" wrote in message
There has to be a tutorial somewhere concerning applying a
gloss
wet skin/paint look to a photo. Specifically I’m concerned with apply
the
effect to human skin.I have tried the Bevel /Emboss filter but not
having
much luck. Any help muchly appreciated

Someone probably will post a link for a tutorial but in the meantime try this… Plastic wrap filter at a high setting for a strong effect then
fade
it, maybe 50-75% in Soft Light mode or experiment with it at various settings and modes. Whatever. When you find something that looks close use the history brush from the state before the filter (probably not at full opacity on skin) to remove the highlights that look out of place. Kind of quick and dirty, I just came up with this on the first try so experiment
to
refine it. ~Doc

H
Husky
Feb 9, 2004
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:11:09 GMT, "Manticore" wrote:

If it’s sweat you’re looking for, why not make a clouds layer, and size the clouds to the size you want for the sweat and blend ?

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections