ER
Posted By
Edward Ripley-Duggan
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop 7 and need to place text on a curved path. Using the Warp Text tool introduces unacceptable distortions of the typeface (and the spacing seems poor). Is there a way in Photoshop to arrange text in an arc and manually letterspace to avoid kerning difficulties? I have a feeling that this is something that’s probably more an Illustrator process, unfortunately. I’d appreciate cc to my e-mail, please. Many thanks.

Ted.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GP
Geri Panties
Feb 4, 2004
in article , Edward
Ripley-Duggan at wrote on 2/4/04 11:13 AM:

I am using Photoshop 7 and need to place text on a curved path. Using the Warp Text tool introduces unacceptable distortions of the typeface (and the spacing seems poor). Is there a way in Photoshop to arrange text in an arc and manually letterspace to avoid kerning difficulties? I have a feeling that this is something that’s probably more an Illustrator process, unfortunately. I’d appreciate cc to my e-mail, please. Many thanks.

Ted.

Pay an artist to do it for you.
QO
Queen of Denial
Feb 4, 2004
You can put the text tool cursor between the letters then press the alt,shift, or ctrl key plus arrow. Sorry having a brain blip atm and doing a backup so can’t open Photoshop atm to double check, try one of those anyway, can’t hurt…anybody? (besides mike)
"Edward Ripley-Duggan" wrote in message

Ted.
J
jrzyguy
Feb 5, 2004
definitely use either illustrator or corelDraw. Very very easily done…and if you are using illustrator you can copy and paste and still have editible paths for your text. Im sure tho if you pulled your hair for a few hours you could find some sorta-work-arounds in ps7….but you dont have the luxury of fitting your text on a true path.

"Digital Art Resources" wrote in message
You can put the text tool cursor between the letters then press the alt,shift, or ctrl key plus arrow. Sorry having a brain blip atm and
doing
a backup so can’t open Photoshop atm to double check, try one of those anyway, can’t hurt…anybody? (besides mike)

Ted.

U
ued
Feb 5, 2004
I think you can try when in text mode the "warp command" and control the bending style as you like, inside the command limits, of course. I hope this is enough.

ued

Ted.
H
heathrowe
Feb 6, 2004
That reature is no available in CS, but for older version of Photoshop try this trick to get the affect your looking for
http://www.heathrowe.com/tuts/circulartextsimplified.asp

hope that helps
heathrowe

Ted.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections