EJ
Posted By
Evelyn_Jacob
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently got the following message when I tried to open PS 7: Could not initialize PS because of program error.

History:
After I had turned on the computer but before I tried to open PS 7, a little window popped up indicated that Adobe was downloading files.
A few seconds later the my anti-virus software indicated that it had auto-detect a potentially bad script and asked if I wanted to stop it. I said "yes," and then tried to open PS7, which is when I got the error message above.

The log of the anti-virus program indicated that the script it had stopped was BackWeb-8876480.exe I’m now thinking that this was a file that Adobe was downloading, and that by stopping it I made the computer delete a file that is needed for PS to open.

Can anyone help me with this?
Am I correct that BackWeb-8876480.exe is needed to open PS7? If so, is there a way that I can just add that file (if so, how?), or do I need to reinstall PS7?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Evelyn

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 12, 2004
reset the prefrences per the faq. when you’re running again turn off auto update.
R
rickhutson
Jan 12, 2004
Go here and see which app or product you have that it came with. <http://www.backweb.com/services/html/spyware.html> Mine came with an older version of a logitech INTERNET keyboard. It amounts to spy ware. Remove it if you can. It accesses the net and ties up your resources.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections