TC
Posted By
Todd Cary
Feb 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed Nikon’s Capture 4 and when I manipulate a RAW image in it and save it as a TIFF, many of PhotoShop’s drop-downs are grayed out. Is this normal or have I missed something?

Todd

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
AJC
Feb 1, 2004
Many PS fiters etc only work in 8bit mode, convert your tiff image in PS from 16bit to enable these filters.

"Todd Cary" wrote in message
I just installed Nikon’s Capture 4 and when I manipulate a RAW image in it and save it as a TIFF, many of PhotoShop’s drop-downs are grayed out. Is this normal or have I missed something?

Todd
AM
Arnold Mervielde
Feb 1, 2004
Hi;

This is normal;you’ll have to convert your image to 8 Bit. I understand that Photoshop CS is capable of working
in 16 bit mode.

Arnold

Alle berichten worden met Norton Internet Security 2004 gescand. <<<

"Todd Cary" schreef in bericht

Todd
TC
Todd Cary
Feb 1, 2004
That was it…now to break out the "PhotoShop Bible" and learn about 8 and 16 bit channels 🙂 !

Thanks…..

Todd

AJC wrote:

Many PS fiters etc only work in 8bit mode, convert your tiff image in PS from 16bit to enable these filters.

Todd

TC
Todd Cary
Feb 1, 2004
Right on as AJC informed me. 16 bits per channel!?! As I understand it, 8 bit gives 256 to the third colors; that seems to be an adequate spectrum. 2 to the 48th (hope I got my decimal point in the correct place 🙂 ) is past my comprehension.

Todd

Arnold Mervielde wrote:

Hi;

This is normal;you’ll have to convert your image to 8 Bit. I understand that Photoshop CS is capable of working
in 16 bit mode.

Arnold

Todd

J
Jim
Feb 1, 2004
48 bit yields around 16 million colors. That may be a lot for your head, but your eye can see at least that many.

Furthermore, many colors that your eye can see cannot be either displayed or printed.
Jim
Right on as AJC informed me. 16 bits per channel!?! As I understand it, 8 bit gives 256 to the third colors; that seems to be an adequate spectrum. 2 to the 48th (hope I got my decimal point in the correct place 🙂 ) is past my comprehension.

Todd

Arnold Mervielde wrote:

Hi;

in 16 bit mode.

Arnold

Todd

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections