Posted By
louise
May 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

New to digital DSLRs. Prior to this I used a Nikon 6006 film camera for years and then a semi point and shoot (Canon S400) for a couple of years.

I finally couldn’t stand beings without a "real" slr and purchased a new Nikon D40X.

I have now discovered that at this time, the adobe RAW
plugin doesn’t support the D40X – hopefully it will in the not too distant future.

So I’m using NiKon Capture NX to work with the RAW file, eventually saving it as a TIFF and continuing to work on it in CS3. I use the DSL light correction in Nikon Capture and then go on to fiddle with other things – which is where I get into trouble.

My system isn’t working too well because I seem to either over-correct or do and undo and do again when I switch
software editing programs.

I’d appreciate any suggestions you can offer as to what I should use Nikon Capture NX for (I need it to convert from RAW), and when I should stop, save as a TIFF, and move to CS3?

Thanks

Louise

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections