DB
Posted By
Dennis_Bra
Jan 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop CS there doesn’t seem to be a word wrap feature. If I continue to type when using the text tool the words go off the canvas, and disappear. Is this a bug?

There is no mention of word wrap in the help index.

I can’t believe that PS doesn’t have this basic feature.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
larry
Jan 10, 2004
I don’t use the "web design" tools of Photoshop, but what you’re referring to is the image allignment properties. You need to insert code like align="left" after the image name. That will situate the image on the left in it’s cell and allow the text to flow around it. But I don’t know if you can modify the HTML without a real web program or HTML editor.

Larry Berman
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 10, 2004
Dennis

PS has two text entry modes. If you click on the screen, and start typing, you get the effect you mention. If you drag out a rectangle with a text tool, and then start to type, you get word wrapping.
L
larry
Jan 10, 2004
Looks like I poste my response to the wrong word wrap thread. I should have posted to the thread called wraping type in ImageReady.

Larry Berman
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 10, 2004
Aha, I was wondering about the HTML references.
C
ChuckDK
Jan 28, 2004
I’ve seldom used PS7 for anything other than photo editing and point type – product is then moved to a page layout program.

Recently I attempted to use the "paragraph type" within a bounding box and noted that the text does not wrap or flow as I would have expected. I do get the overflow notice (plus sign within a box) at the corner of my bounding box but the insertion point runs out of the box at the end of the line rather than dropping down do begin a new line within the box.

What am I missing here?
C
ChuckDK
Jan 28, 2004
NEVER MIND

Word wrap using paragraph text within a bounding box works fine – if you make sure you have a valid value set for tracking in the "character box", auto or as appropriate for the font used and effect desired.

so many settings, so little time!
AP
Alpha_Papa
Jan 28, 2004
A nice feature exists in the Paragraph Palette of CS too in which you can toggle hyphenated wrapping.

I personally now find the text tools of PS, particularly text to path, to be highly superior over any other programs I’ve used to date. A long way to securing this rests with the interface, where text editing and manipulation for example, are facilitated almost perfectly.

Ad-
am.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections