IPTC Data – Any other variables for extracting data?

DP
Posted By
Daryl_Pritchard
Jan 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

I am currently attempting to revise a Web Photo Gallery template to create a gallery containing information built from extracted IPTC data other than that in the default templates. However, I cannot find anything Photoshop documentation of the variables or reference names that are used to extract that alternate data. The online help identifies tokens that may be used in HTML when customizing the galleries, but these tokens are not for the IPTC data fields.

Presently, inspection of the SubPage.htm file in the gallery templates reveals only the following IPTC data variables: FILENAMEURL, CAPTIONTITLE, FILEINFO, CREDITS, COPYRIGHT, FILENAME

Does anyone know what other data variables might be available for extracting additional IPTC data?

Thanks,

Daryl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
MarcPawliger
Jan 7, 2004
In article ,
wrote:

I am currently attempting to revise a Web Photo Gallery template to create a gallery containing information built from extracted IPTC data other than that in the default templates. However, I cannot find anything Photoshop documentation of the variables or reference names that are used to extract that alternate data. The online help identifies tokens that may be used in HTML when customizing the galleries, but these tokens are not for the IPTC data fields.

Presently, inspection of the SubPage.htm file in the gallery templates reveals only the following IPTC data variables: FILENAMEURL, CAPTIONTITLE, FILEINFO, CREDITS, COPYRIGHT, FILENAME

Does anyone know what other data variables might be available for extracting additional IPTC data?

There are no tokens for extracting strictly IPTC data. There are tokens for extracting some metadata that is aliased from the IPTC data, but none for the IPTC fields themselves.

–marc
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jan 7, 2004
Marc,

Thanks for your reply. A second question then, to turn your last statement around…Are there any other tokens for extracting additional metadata beyond those which I listed above?

Thanks,

Daryl
M
MarcPawliger
Jan 8, 2004
In article ,
wrote:

Thanks for your reply. A second question then, to turn your last statement around…Are there any other tokens for extracting additional metadata beyond those which I listed above?

All the tokens supported by WPG are listed in the Photoshop online help.

–marc
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jan 9, 2004
That’s what I was afraid of…thanks though.

Daryl
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 10, 2004
easy find daryl. go to online help, enter search. type "tokens" and hit enter. first item up is:

"Using tokens in Web photo gallery styles"

thanks for the hint marc!
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jan 12, 2004
Dave,

Yes, it’s easy enough to find the token info in the online help, but as my original post stated, the list of tokens provided is a sparse one that is more directly related to the dialog for specifying your gallery page layout than to IPTC data. Meanwhile, the web gallery templates use other tokens that aren’t identified in the online help and are aliased, per Marc’s comment, to some IPTC fields. I had hoped there might be additional tokens beyond those which I found in the web gallery templates that might map to other IPTC fields, but I gather that’s not the case.

Daryl
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 12, 2004
ah, yea. sorry! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections