Posted By
nvvvk
Feb 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I need some help on Adobe Photoshop (7).

———————————————————— ——————— Scenario:
I have this BIG file around 40in x 35in. I work in a PIII based system with 128MB. I had a lot of patience and I worked for a day for a simple design.

When I save the BIG PSD file, and open it up again… It opens into a NEW FILE!!
———————————————————— ———————

I had this error twice. I had the same situation once back. In such a case what should I do to recover my file ?

Atleast if nothing can be done. Please explain why it happens ?

Please HELP!!

-Vinodh VasanthKumar. N.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bogus
Feb 4, 2005
Since you have small amount of memory and are working on a relatively large file, Photoshop must swap information from memory to the disk as you work. That is why it takes so long for you to do something.

Check you disk space. How much free space do you have?

Does this happen with smaller files?

Vinodh VasanthKumar . N wrote:

Hi,

I have this BIG file around 40in x 35in. I work in a PIII based system with 128MB. I had a lot of patience and I worked for a day for a simple design.

I had this error twice. I had the same situation once back. In such a case what should I do to recover my file ?

Please HELP!!

-Vinodh VasanthKumar. N.
BH
Bill Hilton
Feb 4, 2005
I have this BIG file around 40in x 35in.

What format is it in? That is, is it a tiff or jpeg or psd or other file type?

Are you doing ‘save as’ and saving as a new file type? Or perhaps you’ve added layers or something and you can’t save in the original format, so the file is saved in a different format. Can’t really tell from your description but it sounds like that’s what might be going on.

To answer your question we need to know what the original file type is, what you are doing to the file in Photoshop (ie, adding adjustment layers etc), how you are saving it (Save or Save As) and what is the new file type.
N
nvvvk
Feb 5, 2005
i have no problem with big file… I am quite used to my system and I maintain, understand and tweak according to the requirement. My problem is "the saved file opening into a new file…"

if i dont have space i will get error’s like "Scratch disks are full" "Disk Full". But the file saves yet opens into a new file.

Have anyone faced this error? This occured twice when I was handling these huge file bigger than 40in x 30in.

But I have handles many files even 90in x 30in with out a problem in the same system and same installation…

THE FORMAT IS : PSD File.

-Vinodh VasanthKumar. N.

bogus …
Since you have small amount of memory and are working on a relatively large file, Photoshop must swap information from memory to the disk as you work. That is why it takes so long for you to do something.

Check you disk space. How much free space do you have?

Does this happen with smaller files?

Vinodh VasanthKumar . N wrote:

Hi,

Please HELP!!

-Vinodh VasanthKumar. N.
T
tacitr
Feb 7, 2005
I have this BIG file around 40in x 35in. I work in a PIII based system with 128MB.

Forget it. You’re wasting your time.

Buy more RAM. RAM is cheap, cheap, cheap. You can triple the amount of memory in your computer for about the price of going out to dinner. I would strongly advise you to get as much RAM as you can afford; 512 MB is okay, a gigabyte is better.

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
CC
Chris Cox
Feb 13, 2005
If the file went over 2 Gigabytes, then Photoshop 7 won’t be able to open it.

Photoshop CS may be able to open it (since it can go over 2 Gig), depending on how far it went over (if the data is corrupt, nothing can open it).

Chris

In article , Vinodh
VasanthKumar . N wrote:

Hi,

———————————————————— ——————- —
Scenario:

———————————————————— ——————- —

Please HELP!!

-Vinodh VasanthKumar. N.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections