JH
Posted By
James_Hales
Jan 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So why am I not able to do this anymore? Is there any way that I can Export to a Jpeg? Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 3, 2004
We’re going to need more details than that. What version of PS? What exactly are you trying to do?

But you can simply save as JPG.

Bob
JH
James_Hales
Jan 3, 2004
Well I am using Photoshop CS. I can’t save it as a Jpeg, I used to be able to before I upgraded. Does that help?

James
CW
Colin_Walls
Jan 3, 2004
James

What do you mean "can’t save it as a Jpeg"? Does this format not appear as an option or does something go wrong when you try it? What about Save for Web?
RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 3, 2004
What’s the specs of the file? What color depth? Are there any spot colors? What choices do you have when you go to save the file?

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Jan 4, 2004
James,

Are you sure that isn’t because the file is in 16-bits/channel?
JH
James_Hales
Jan 4, 2004
Well I created a new file and imported some files which are exported frames from Premiere. I do it all the time, but photoshop cs doesn’t seem to like me.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jan 4, 2004
Sorry, I’ll try again:

What do you mean "can’t save it as a Jpeg"? Does this format not appear as an option or does something go wrong when you try it? What about Save for Web?
JH
James_Hales
Jan 5, 2004
Sorry, it doesn’t appear as an option.

James
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 5, 2004
If you have an 8bit file, RGB mode (just to make test simple as possible), and you can’t Save As JPEG, then you need to reinstall the program. Basic JPEG is AFAIK hard coded into the program, and is not an addon/plugin.

Mac
Z
Zog
Jan 5, 2004
The "Format" dropdown list in the "Save as…" dialog does not include "JPEG (*.JPG, *.JPEG, *.JPE)", right?

Have you tried saving as a JPEG from the "Save for web…" dialog?
Y
YrbkMgr
Jan 5, 2004
As Len and Mac have suggested, check your Image|Mode first. If it’s a 16-bit image, you will have to convert it to 8-bit before you can save as a JPG.

Peace,
Tony

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections