File extensions for curves, preferences, etc.

NL
Posted By
Norwin_Landay
Jan 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am moving to Photoshop CS on a new machine form 7.01 on a windows ME machine. I know that saved curves are .acv files, saved actions .psp.
Cab someone please give me a list (or tell me where to find it) of all files extensions for settings, brushess, levels, etc.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Jan 3, 2004
Your new machine will be running XP, right?

Why not just load your new version of Photoshop, then drag all of your saved presets from your old presets folder to the new one?

Or have you not saved them all to the proper place inside the Photoshop 7 folder?
NL
Norwin_Landay
Jan 3, 2004
Thanks,

That is correct, the new machine is running Windows xP. I do have some saved curves in another place but as far as I know the rest are where they should be.
P
Phosphor
Jan 3, 2004
Sooooo, then, what you do is just move or copy them from their present locations to the appropriate locations inside your new Presets folder. Then use your Presets Manager to load what you’d like into your palettes.

Moving to a new version is a good time to do the housekeeping and organization chores we all tend to put off. If you like, now would be a good time to create new folder(s) to hold your custom levels presets, curves presets, etc. And be sure to ALWAYS save these things in the future to their proper places, so you’ll never have trouble relocating them. I know that sounds like basic file heirarchy management, but lots of folks (me included) save files to illogical locations, then fret when they can’t find them later. I’m usuually pretty good about that sort of thing, but this paragraph can serve as a reminder to me, as well.

Good luck and have fun!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections