GL
Posted By
George_Leese
Jan 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After a System Restore this morning, Photoshop CS detects a system change and requests a re-activation.There was no hardware change to my system, only a system restore that I use now a again if I do something that hoses my registry. I am concerned because that if (like Microsoft) there is a limit on the number of activations, I may run into the limit in short order. Since there has been no hardware change to my system, there should not have been anything to trigger a reactivation.

Has anyone else run into this situation? Is there a limit on re-activation that a System Restore is going to trigger?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

IL
Ian_Lyons
Jan 3, 2004
George,

After a System Restore this morning, Photoshop CS detects a system change and requests a re-activation.There was no hardware change to my system, only
a system restore that I use now a again if I do something that hoses my registry.

It should NOT do this, but it appears that it does. It’s been reported to the relevant people.

I am concerned because that if (like Microsoft) there is a limit on the number of activations, I may run into the limit in short order.

So long as you have internet access I wouldn’t be concerned; you will be reactivated within a few seconds. So long as you don’t trash (break) or replace the hard drive you will only be required to "reactivate" and there is no limit on the number or apparently frequency of reactivation. Don’t confuse "reactivation" with "activation" – different rules apply.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections