RF
Posted By
Robert Feinman
Jan 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Frequently when editing a fairly large file I have tried to navigate by holding down the space bar and then dragging the hand within the image.
If the image is big enough (in bytes, not zoom size) the tool shapes to the hand, but the action performed is the underlying tool not moving. So, for example, if I’m using the clone tool the image will get a smear across it
rather than moving.
I’m using a Wacom tablet with the mouse, if this is
relevant.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Brian
Jan 29, 2005
"Robert Feinman" wrote in message
Frequently when editing a fairly large file I have tried to navigate by holding down the space bar and then dragging the hand within the image.
If the image is big enough (in bytes, not zoom size) the tool shapes to the hand, but the action performed is the underlying tool not moving. So, for example, if I’m using the clone tool the image will get a smear across it
rather than moving.
I’m using a Wacom tablet with the mouse, if this is
relevant.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:

Hi Robert,
Do you have a "normal" mouse other than the one you would have with your Wacom Tablet you could try? I have a Wacom Tablet which is about 4-5 yrs old now and it is not fully compatible with Win XP, even after downloading an updated driver. It gives me problems in Corel and sometimes if I apply a filter…nothing happens until I move the stylus or mouse away from the tablet! Using a normal USB mouse this never happens.
You could alternatively use Navigator instead of the hand tool. That should still work fine.
Regards,
Brian Davies.
Photographer and Photo Restorer.
BV
Bart van der Wolf
Jan 29, 2005
"Robert Feinman" wrote in message
Frequently when editing a fairly large file I have tried to navigate by holding down the space bar and then
dragging the hand within the image.
If the image is big enough (in bytes, not zoom size) the tool shapes to the hand, but the action performed is the underlying tool not moving.

Same happens with my setup, when I zoom to 100%.
Workaround: zoom in and out, and it functions again.

Bart

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections