AS
Posted By
Alan Smithee
Jan 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What’s the approximate equivalent in photoshop (Contrast control) to going from say a grade 2 to a grade 3 …4…5 in graded paper or contrast filters? 5, 10, 15 per cent? Is it linear? Thx.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
JD
Jan 24, 2005
On 23-Jan-05 16:21, Alan Smithee wrote:
What’s the approximate equivalent in photoshop (Contrast control) to going from say a grade 2 to a grade 3 …4…5 in graded paper or contrast filters? 5, 10, 15 per cent? Is it linear? Thx.
I know what you’re asking but I don’t have the answer. It’s been 14 years since I used Kodak Polycontrast paper. I found the technical aspects of the filters, I guess it’s up to you to determine the PS equivalent. Post back if you figure it out.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs /g4037/g4037.jhtml?id=0.1.16.14.30.48.14.4&lc=en

Scroll down to: ISO Paper Speed and Range

JD..
J
JD
Jan 24, 2005
On 23-Jan-05 16:21, Alan Smithee wrote:
Why is this important to you?

I used to print from 4X5 Polaroid negatives onto Kodak Polycontrast paper. I leaned to underexpose the Polaroid just a little and then overdevelop it by 30 seconds. Keep in mind, Polaroid negative. Type 55PN.

Then I could print from that negative with no filter. If I needed a little more contrast, then I could use the 2 or 2.5 filter.

IN PS7, I just do it visually on the screen.

JD..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections