Could not complete your request because of missing or invalid personalization information

MT
Posted By
Mattias_Tengmo
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!

I run my Dell computer on Windows XP Home and when i try to start Adobe Photoshop, I get an error message "Could not complete your request because of missing or invalid personalization information".
I know that the installation worked fine, because I have done it on this computer before. But a few weeks ago I cleaned the harddrive empety and re-installed everything, but Photoshop didn’t wont to be installed.
Please help me! Im desperate. I own my own website and like to create and edit pictures so it’s higly importent that Photoshop works fine.

What should I do?! I saw soemthing about deleting or editing the TLB-file "TypeLibrary" in main directory, or something about editning something in the regestry key.
Please help me! I’m grateful fore every answer!

The best regards
Mattias Tengmo

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 1, 2004
uninstall/reinstall should fix it.
JI
John_Inge_Hansen
Jan 13, 2004
We get the same problem after repackaging. Have sent the issue to Adobe Support, hoping for an answer. Fortunately we got support that actually seem to work from Adobe 🙂

Too bad Adobe haven’t realized that Windows INstaller installations are preferred.
RW
rickard_wenngren
Jan 13, 2004
Hi John Inge,

Me too, after repackaging that is. I get an ‘Error 1911. Could not register type library for file blablaa\typelibrary.tlb’
Which is crap, cause it doesn’t work properly.

Any news from Adobe’s support?

Regards
Rickard
RW
rickard_wenngren
Jan 14, 2004
Try this!

In setup editor, under components, expand the Typelibrary.tlb component. Expand advertising and remove all entries under it. (should be only one.)
Compile and install.

Rickard

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections